Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I don't know what to make for diner anymore. Were sick of the same things over and over. So I need some low cost meal ideas. What are some of your family favorites?
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yum that sounds good. Thanks. I'll definitely add that to the must try list.

Quoting -_-:

Brown some potatoes, toss in some kielbasa and onion. (and whatever other veggies your family likes) Brown a little more. Add some OJ and soy sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Yum Yum in the tum tum.

ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I'd love that. I'll send you a pm with my email info.

Quoting armywifey26:

I have an email that is full of cheap meals all color coded into price ranges. They aren't the healthiest but if you are interested I can email it to you 

tlcory
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Hot beef sandwiches, put a roast in crockpot cover with beef stock/bouillon, cook all day.  Get Texas bread (thick sliced),  when done shredd beef, make gravy  put shredded beef on bread slices, cover with gravy serve with mashed potatoes....mmmmm so good my family loves this and it is so easy!  

Another favorite is Chicken Taco salad, get all the makings you would put in a Taco salad, lettuce tomatoe, onion etc. add 1 can corn, 1 can black beans, cut up cooked chicken mix all together, pour 1 bottle of Green Goddess salad dressing over and mix...so yummy! 

ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Thanks. Those sounds good.

Quoting tlcory:

Hot beef sandwiches, put a roast in crockpot cover with beef stock/bouillon, cook all day.  Get Texas bread (thick sliced),  when done shredd beef, make gravy  put shredded beef on bread slices, cover with gravy serve with mashed potatoes....mmmmm so good my family loves this and it is so easy!  

Another favorite is Chicken Taco salad, get all the makings you would put in a Taco salad, lettuce tomatoe, onion etc. add 1 can corn, 1 can black beans, cut up cooked chicken mix all together, pour 1 bottle of Green Goddess salad dressing over and mix...so yummy! 

ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Bump
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on May. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Red beans and rice. Try Pinterest. I have gotten tons of recipes off there.
mystictigeress
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I fixed something new the other day, and it was a hit. It was Italian chicken. My youngest DD wont eat much meat, so I try to find new ways to fix chicken, since she will eat it as long as it's not fried. Place boneless chicken breasts, about 6, in the bottom of your crockpot. Cut up cream cheese and put on top of the chicken. Top that with cream of chicken soup, italian dressing mix, and add about 1/4 cup of water. Cook all day on low. It was tender and delicious, and was enough to do us 2 nights and still had a little left over after that even. Oh, and I cooked some rotini noodles to put the chicken on when we ate.

ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Quoting littlecolton07:

Red beans and rice. Try Pinterest. I have gotten tons of recipes off there.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Here's a couple recipes:

Creamy Chicken

2 thawed b/s breasts

1 packet italian seasoning

1 pack cream cheese (softened)

1 can cream of mushroom soup (fill can with water after soup is out to add too)

Add everything but the chicken to slow cooker, give it a good mix. Add chicken. Cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for 4 hours. Pull chicken out and shred it, put back in and give it all a good mix. Serve over noodles or rice

Pulled pork sandwiches

2 lbs pork loin or roast

1 can (12 oz) of root beer

18 oz bbq sauce

Place pork in slow cooker, pour root beer over it. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours (until it shreds easily) Drain out root beer and other liquid, stir in bbq sauce. Serve on buns. ( I got this from a magazine, it's AMAZING)

Quoting ashley1693:

Yes. I love it.

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Do you have a slow cooker?

We dance around the living room to classic rock
We play patty-cake with his feet
We're sillier than Spongebob & Patrick
We go together like PB & J
We're mother and son
And we're so cool, we make ice cubes jealous
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Thanks.

Quoting mystictigeress:

I fixed something new the other day, and it was a hit. It was Italian chicken. My youngest DD wont eat much meat, so I try to find new ways to fix chicken, since she will eat it as long as it's not fried. Place boneless chicken breasts, about 6, in the bottom of your crockpot. Cut up cream cheese and put on top of the chicken. Top that with cream of chicken soup, italian dressing mix, and add about 1/4 cup of water. Cook all day on low. It was tender and delicious, and was enough to do us 2 nights and still had a little left over after that even. Oh, and I cooked some rotini noodles to put the chicken on when we ate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN