Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you have ever been in a abusive relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
How did you leave?! How did you get back.on your feet? How long did it take?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I clung onto another guy that was almost twice my age. Not good.

It has to be what you really want and then you will be able to materialize your wishes.

Good luck mama.
rhope4
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
My current husband got us out, and we married as soon as it was legal to. Was in the abusive marriage legally over 14 years, but I left him before our anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..A5HL3Y..
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Yes I have been. He left 3 years ago. Haven't heard from him since. There is a restraining order and he has a few warrants for his arrest due to it. He's on the run. I'm barely getting back on my feet. Its not easy .... We've been moving around a lot etc. Finally have a stable home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I took a bus far away from him. Left without anything but my clothes on my back. Stayed with relatives til I could get back on my feet. Got a job and then moved out on my own. He didn't know I was leaving. I bought a bus ticket and left. He thought I was at work.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I purposely slept with another man. He made me pay for it, but then threw me out, expecting me to beg to be let back in. I just ran.

I had the support of my friends and therapy. I left 3 years ago and only the beginning of this year am I no longer feeling the effects of my ptsd strongly or having flashbacks.
lydias_mommy12
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
He was sexually abusive. I was 17 & 18. I finally realized what was going on and stopped seeing him. We only saw each other on weekends so it wasn't to hard for me to cut contact. The sick fucker had the balls to text me saying he was his mom and that he had killed himself. I called his best friend and of course he said it wasn't true so I never looked back after that. It was easy for me to leave but we didn't live together and I was still in high school.

If I didn't have my family as a support system, I would probably still be with him. My family & friends encouraged me into leaving.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I moved across the country and got a job. Then soon after I met my now husband.
MissMissfit
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

By walking out the door. I got a better job, and filed for divorce. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Thank you. Im pregnant and, have two other children with him. Since last.year I just reaized after 8 years I cant do this anymore. Im just scared because I have no.job no transportation. I just want the kids and I away from him.

Quoting redneckmama4:

I clung onto another guy that was almost twice my age. Not good.

It has to be what you really want and then you will be able to materialize your wishes.

Good luck mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have twice.  I cut off contact.  I moved out.  I had a child during the second one.  That was the reason I didn't put up with it.  The first time I was young and in love.  He had money and gave it to me, I was impressed and felt cared about, etc  blah  blah  blah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)