Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One nation under god?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
America is NOT and NEVER WAS a Christian nation. Get over yourselves. Here's the deal:

The nation was not founded in Christianity. It was more founded on pagan ideas. The pledge of allegiance did not contain the words "one nation under god". Those words were later added in 1954. America is the land of the free, not home of the enslaved by religion. We have the right to be a patriot without being religious. Religion is a personal thing, so stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats. And stop telling everyone who does not agree with you to leave America. If you have an issue with them, how about you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere?

I am at home, where my freedom of speech shall not be infringed upon, where no government can tell me what to say, where I'm not dictated by a religious system that forces its beliefs upon me.

Oh wait,

Separation of church and state is a JOKE; gays can't get married, abortion is still illegal (yet the death penalty still exists) and god is still a thing in public schools.

Mind you, I understand things are progressing an getting better but one should never be forced to conform to another's ideals.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM
They are illegal after a certain stage of pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are abortions illegal?

kkps725
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Poor horse. Let him rest in peace FFS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Not going to get into the "spearation of churhc and state" issue again. The US was based upon religious freedom...teh ability to practice whatever religion you want.  The government can't tell you otherwise.  The fact remains that teh founding fathers were Christian so it makes sense that the givernment and teh country was based upon their values and belief system. 

supercarp
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

This is a forum. If you want everyone to shut up, just turn off your computer. You are not the dictator here.

Quoting outtamymynd:

How bout everyone shut the fuck up. That would make me extremely happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

So you're for all access abortions at any stage? Sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My ancestors, one of whom founded a state, were deists, not Christians.  So i agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. A woman should not be forced to continue gestating, no matter how far along she is.

The point is... Yes abortion is still illegal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Bahaha. Take your undies out of a twist.

Quoting supercarp:

This is a forum. If you want everyone to shut up, just turn off your computer. You are not the dictator here.

Quoting outtamymynd:

How bout everyone shut the fuck up. That would make me extremely happy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM

yuck.

How about those born from botched abortions? 

Kermit, is that you?

Quoting Anonymous:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. A woman should not be forced to continue gestating, no matter how far along she is.

The point is... Yes abortion is still illegal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM
7 moms liked this

So, you say you will not allow your freedom of speech to be infringed upon and yet you say, and I quote, "how bout you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere" For one, you are right, we do have freedom of speech but wake up buttercup because our rights are being taken away slowly but surely, and they are taken away because we are to busy catering to everyone else's point of view.

We the people are conforming to other's ideals, we the people are allowing this nation to conform to other countries, which is why you now have to press 1 for English. Job listings in which it states "Must be fluent in English" is a rare thing anymore, it now states "Must be fluent in English and Spanish"

Look how many of our rights have been amended, look at what we can't do in comparison. I remember as a child winter break was called Christmas vacation, we had Christmas plays and it didn't just embrace the ideals of Christmas, we also had plays for various other religions, and those who didn't celebrate didn't have to. We didn't conform to other's because they might be so easily offended. This is America, home of the PC easily offended bored ass people who have nothing better to do with their time then tell everyone else how they should live their lives.Perhaps if people stopped being so soft skinned and stopped getting offended so easily and stood together AS A NATION we wouldn't be in as much trouble as we are, oh but I forgot, this is America after all, we like to get into other countries business and strip away our own freedoms.

So, to this I say to you, you don't want your freedoms infringed upon, think before you open your mouth and worry about your own family, not everyone else. I think you should get over yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN