Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One nation under god?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
America is NOT and NEVER WAS a Christian nation. Get over yourselves. Here's the deal:

The nation was not founded in Christianity. It was more founded on pagan ideas. The pledge of allegiance did not contain the words "one nation under god". Those words were later added in 1954. America is the land of the free, not home of the enslaved by religion. We have the right to be a patriot without being religious. Religion is a personal thing, so stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats. And stop telling everyone who does not agree with you to leave America. If you have an issue with them, how about you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere?

I am at home, where my freedom of speech shall not be infringed upon, where no government can tell me what to say, where I'm not dictated by a religious system that forces its beliefs upon me.

Oh wait,

Separation of church and state is a JOKE; gays can't get married, abortion is still illegal (yet the death penalty still exists) and god is still a thing in public schools.

Mind you, I understand things are progressing an getting better but one should never be forced to conform to another's ideals.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (281-289):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
The reason I brought up abortion was the same reason I brought up gay marriage... It's illegal because too many laws are based on that one book that so many take so literally.

They are controlling my right to LEGALLY end my pregnancy past 20 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, why even bring up abortion then? And they aren't controlling your uterus, they are controlling abortionists and clinics by telling them, no they can not perform an abortion after a certain point. But guess what, those illegal abortions still happen. So, you tell me how a law has EVER controlled anyone who was dead set on doing something?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not the point. The point is... It's still illegal and those lawmakers on Capitol Hill have no place in any uterus.

Again this isn't an abortion debate. This is about the pledge and how it needs to go back to its original wording.

Quoting Anonymous:

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I do suck it up, I press 1 just the same as everyone else does.

Quoting autodidact:

just as you need to "suck up" pressing one for english, that's businesses deciding for themselves how to best run their business. no one is forcing that on them.

Quoting mamabearjkda:

No, I am complaining because this is America, I don't care what language you speak, I am complaining because this country is conforming to ther countries. It doesn't matter what language it is, we are conforming. I am complaining because to many people have their panties in a twist as to not offend other people. People need to suck it up and get over themselves and quit being so damned soft skinned. That is my complaint.

Personally, I don't care what language you speak, but if you come to America to live and work here you should damn well be fluent in English, other countries expect American's to know their language if they go and live there.

Quoting autodidact:

you are complaining about businesses accommodating Spanish speakers.

Quoting mamabearjkda:

Did I say businesses shouldn't be permitted to determine how best to serve their customers? No, I did not, but this is America, and we are to busy being so politcally correct as to not offend anyone else that we have lost our own freedoms and everything else that makes this country what it is.

When the entire nation starts going PC to not offend someone, others are going to get offended you can't get around that, people need to put their big kid panties on and if they don't like something they don't have to listen to it, read it so on and so forth.

Quoting autodidact:

And stop telling everyone who does not agree with you to leave America. If you have an issue with them, how about you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere?

sounds reasonable to me. 

those "everyone else"s and "others" you speak of are also Americans. 

how is recognizing multiple languages "conforming to other countries"? do you not believe businesses should be permited to determine how best to serve their customers? 

Quoting mamabearjkda:

So, you say you will not allow your freedom of speech to be infringed upon and yet you say, and I quote, "how bout you leave and go somewhere where your personal views are supported elsewhere" For one, you are right, we do have freedom of speech but wake up buttercup because our rights are being taken away slowly but surely, and they are taken away because we are to busy catering to everyone else's point of view.

We the people are conforming to other's ideals, we the people are allowing this nation to conform to other countries, which is why you now have to press 1 for English. Job listings in which it states "Must be fluent in English" is a rare thing anymore, it now states "Must be fluent in English and Spanish"

Look how many of our rights have been amended, look at what we can't do in comparison. I remember as a child winter break was called Christmas vacation, we had Christmas plays and it didn't just embrace the ideals of Christmas, we also had plays for various other religions, and those who didn't celebrate didn't have to. We didn't conform to other's because they might be so easily offended. This is America, home of the PC easily offended bored ass people who have nothing better to do with their time then tell everyone else how they should live their lives.Perhaps if people stopped being so soft skinned and stopped getting offended so easily and stood together AS A NATION we wouldn't be in as much trouble as we are, oh but I forgot, this is America after all, we like to get into other countries business and strip away our own freedoms.

So, to this I say to you, you don't want your freedoms infringed upon, think before you open your mouth and worry about your own family, not everyone else. I think you should get over yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

There are people who are not Christians that are against gay marriage and abortion...so no, it is not totally based off one book. Contrary to popular belief, people of all religions or the non religious know that it is morally wrong to kill a child at a certain point...that point beiing when it could survive on its own. You do not have the right to kill a human that is viable, EVER. People like you and your thinking is why we have such ridiculous things happening like with the Gosnell case. And like I said, no they are not controlling you. You can do whatever you want to do, laws do not stop people from doing what they want. They are there to hopefully deter people and if not offer a punishment as consequences. People do things everyday that break laws....if you want to abort a fetus at 39 weeks you can, illegally, and accept the consequences of the action you chose to take.

Quoting Anonymous:

The reason I brought up abortion was the same reason I brought up gay marriage... It's illegal because too many laws are based on that one book that so many take so literally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, why even bring up abortion then? And they aren't controlling your uterus, they are controlling abortionists and clinics by telling them, no they can not perform an abortion after a certain point. But guess what, those illegal abortions still happen. So, you tell me how a law has EVER controlled anyone who was dead set on doing something?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not the point. The point is... It's still illegal and those lawmakers on Capitol Hill have no place in any uterus.

Again this isn't an abortion debate. This is about the pledge and how it needs to go back to its original wording.

Quoting Anonymous:

autodidact
by Snarknado on May. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

and thereby, also to SAFELY do so. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
That's right.

Quoting autodidact:

and thereby, also to SAFELY do so. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

qslaqhay
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
10000000000000000 likes

Quoting Tay06:

I will not conform.  I am an atheist, bisexual, anti-spanking, formula-feeding (or was when he drank formula), pro-choice, pro gay marriage (obviously), pro separation of church and state individual and I will not tolerate my rights being taken away.  I will stand up and fight for the rights we should have as Americans, and I know thousands agree!

autodidact
by Snarknado on May. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

that is pure bullshit, in fact, the opposite is true. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There are people who are not Christians that are against gay marriage and abortion...so no, it is not totally based off one book. Contrary to popular belief, people of all religions or the non religious know that it is morally wrong to kill a child at a certain point...that point beiing when it could survive on its own. You do not have the right to kill a human that is viable, EVER. People like you and your thinking is why we have such ridiculous things happening like with the Gosnell case. And like I said, no they are not controlling you. You can do whatever you want to do, laws do not stop people from doing what they want. They are there to hopefully deter people and if not offer a punishment as consequences. People do things everyday that break laws....if you want to abort a fetus at 39 weeks you can, illegally, and accept the consequences of the action you chose to take.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM
How so? Gosnell was certainly under the impression that a baby could be aborted at any time during a pregnancy. Wanting the legal right to do that is horrific.
Quoting autodidact:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
That should be none of anyone's business except for the woman who owns that uterus and her doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

How so? Gosnell was certainly under the impression that a baby could be aborted at any time during a pregnancy. Wanting the legal right to do that is horrific.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)