Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am Puerto Rican and I am dark skin...

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

I live in WA  State and there is some Puerto Rican people out there, not allot like in NY or Florida. First of all when people see me most of them think I am Middle Eastern. When I tell them I am not middle eastern that I am Puerto Rican they will look at me and say I didn't know Puerto Ricans had dark skin... Really?

I read allot of history and not only mine but other countries. Puerto Rican people are a mix of Africans,Native Indians and Spaniel so yes we do have different looking people, dark skin,  fair skin and olive skin which is most common, people with blue,green,hazel,brown eyes. 

Curly hair,thin hair,thick hair...blah,blah,blah

By the way I don't get offended when I am compared to a Middle Eastern, what bothers me is the ignorance and the comment about dark skin Puerto Ricans it get annoying.

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pink.Sunshine.
I feel so lost with this new Laptop :/
Yesterday at 2:52 AM
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay? Im dark skinned, left handed, creative, I have brown hair and I don't like for my food to touch on my plate. I have never felt inferior because of my skin color. I have always felt attractive and good about myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

People don't know anything when they live in a bubble. That's why it's good to try different things, move across the country or you know- live. That would annoy me too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is half Puerto Rican and he's blond haired with blue eyes. My Mil is 100% PR and dark as hell. My husband is 100% PR and looks white. Lol Our next child could be dark with dark hair and dark eyes. Its crazy how people don't understand this.
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My SIL is Puerto Rican and 1/4 Scandinavian. She is often confused for Indian, Middle Eastern and even Italian. I don't know where the Italian came from.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Okay?

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I know exactly where you're coming from
moon_girl76
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My honey is white my daughter is olive skin and we get allot of weird looks. I am assuming people asking themselves what race I am specially if they think I am Indian with a white man.

kristinayates
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Dont let it bother you. Ignorance is just that ignorance

Quoting moon_girl76:

I live in WA  State and there is some Puerto Rican people out there, not allot like in NY or Florida. First of all when people see me most of them think I am Middle Eastern. When I tell them I am not middle eastern that I am Puerto Rican they will look at me and say I didn't know Puerto Ricans had dark skin... Really?

I read allot of history and not only mine but other countries. Puerto Rican people are a mix of Africans,Native Indians and Spaniel so yes we do have different looking people, dark skin,  fair skin and olive skin which is most common, people with blue,green,hazel,brown eyes. 

Curly hair,thin hair,thick hair...blah,blah,blah

By the way I don't get offended when I am compared to a Middle Eastern, what bothers me is the ignorance and the comment about dark skin Puerto Ricans it get annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured