Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Re: What the hell is wrong with some mothers?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 37 Replies
3 moms liked this
To the grown woman sharing her harsh words about a 3 year old child's (and the mother's) behavior at a restaurant...

Pardon this interruption... but someone needs to hear this:

If I hear "I'M GROWN ASS WOMAN" coming out of the mouth of a woman thats acting like a little girl... I'M GOING TO SCREAM!!!
Just because you have breasts, bills and you can do what you want -- DOES NOT make you a grown woman. A GROWN WOMAN does not argue. She does not pout. She does not fight. She does not call other women BITCHES. She does not gossip. She is not jealous. She does not spend HER time talking about what OTHERS are doing. She is not ANGRY at the world when things don't go her way. She is not easy. She does not talk about SOMEBODY ELSE'S relationship. She doe's not use SCREAMING as a means to communicate. And most importantly -- she is not SILLY!!!

Lets do a GROWN WOMAN CHECK:

When is the last time you sat down in prayer, meditation & reflection over your OWN LIFE?
When is the last time you cleaned & organized your home?
When is the last time you asked for a raise? Or worked on your OWN business?
When is the last time you've seen your gynecologist?
When is the last time you checked your credit?
When is the last time you took a class or increased your knowledge?
When is the last time you kept quiet long enough to UNDERSTAND & LISTEN to others?
When is the last time you had sex with your husband or man?
When is the last time you did some sit ups or worked out?
When is the last time you apologized for your wrongs, or fixed broken relationships or issues in your life?

WHEN???

Until you can answer these questions.... YOU ARE NOT A GROWN ASS WOMAN!!!

Live YOUR life. Focus on YOUR dreams. Count YOUR money. Work on YOUR relationships. Fix YOUR problems. Argue with NO ONE. And strive to be a WOMAN. Not a little girl in grown woman's clothing!!!

Carry on---

*updated*

The point is to take a moment to look at your own life, focus on that, before throwing judgment around.

These are not my words, but those of Shanel Cooper-Sykes, author/motivator. And I found them rather fitting for many ladies on here. Yes, including myself. We can all get something from the above words... As they are very true. Focus on the point she's getting at, not so much the specific details of each word. Try have an open mind and heart.... That's my point. That mother watching the other mother and child, did not. When you approach people with an open heart and mind..... Amazing things happen. And you begin to not need to bash every person you disagree with.....
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wumbo
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Nonsense. The lot of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Ever tried doing sit ups while 35 weeks pregnant?
As for the questions, that's my personal business.
NunyaBizzness
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

well, alrighty then!

luvem630
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of your questions are irrelevant because many not grown people do those things. Aren't you breaking your own rule by talking about other peoples behavior?
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM

everyone isn't spiritual, married, needs to workout

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You need a hobby....

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oh and my ass is plenty grown, a little more than I would like actually :)

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Okie dokie then.
ElitestJen
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  Sit-ups make you a grown up?  Oh well, I never really wanted to grow up, anyway.

JNLmomme09
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This

Quoting luvem630:

Most of your questions are irrelevant because many not grown people do those things. Aren't you breaking your own rule by talking about other peoples behavior?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN