Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can they call CPS if....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I leave the ER with my daughter?

We've been here two hours, we've checked in but have not even seen a nurse. The waiting room is packed.

She was having vision problems thismorning at school & they paniced. She had perfect vision 2 weeks ago at her physical. I called her Dr. They told me to call her eye doctor or take her to the hospital, as they don't deal with eye issues??

There are moments where I think she's faking it, but better safe than sorry? I just can't sit in the ER all night if it's nothing. I will call and find her an eye doctor, but to sit here for hours because of this? No. I just don't want to deal with cps for doing so.

Will they call? Or should we be fine to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Yes, if you leave AMA they are obligated to call.

saraface5383
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM
If you haven't even gone into triage then I think your good.
AmyR13
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

let them know your just going to an eye doctor, i wouldnt just up and leave

getoesuepastah
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

just stay and wait were ya gotta be thats so important?

JNLmomme09
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I think that you should stay just because if something happens you are in the right place instead of trying to get there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Our hospital never cared. If you left before called back, they moved on to the next person in line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Why would you leave your daughter??? Even if she is faking it, the hospital staff will think you're a crappy mom.
ksueditz
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM

when was the last time you talked to a nurse? if it's been awhile, i would go to the front desk, voice a complaint, and explain you are calling an eye dr, and take care of it on your own time. 

Army-Wife0128
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

If the ER is packed then you might be waiting longer, and if they thought it was urgent, they would have called you in already. So it might not be that much of an emergency, but let them know that you're taking her to an eye doctor and not going to wait.

egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Lol I left twice. My 7 year old had bit her tongue and it wouldnt stop gushing. We went in and she was bleeding for an hour and a half before they gave her a popsicke, as if i hadnt tried that...... I said fuck this amd just left.

Second tine my son fell and hit his head. We waited almost two houra and I got up and said well he aeems fine and left.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN