Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People like this disgust me. ::EDIT::

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

People that look at animals as things.

People who can just disregard an animal when it is no longer wanted or becomes inconvinient.
Those are living creatures with feelings and emotions just like us.

They feel happiness and Love, they feel sad and lonely.

They have little beating hearts just like you and I do.

It just disgusts me when i see posts of people who can just toss an animal out into a field without a second thought among other things.

ugh. end rant.

just wanted to add a few quotes from Ghandi

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.

and also..this post has NOTHING to do with abortion, stop trying to start drama

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
QTMom2302
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I completely agree. These poor animals can't defend themselves. 

fairyjester
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM

yep

i will take animals over most humans any day

Quoting Icial:

People who put animals above humans disgust me.These same people who want to save a stupid cat have no problem wishing death on humans.

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I know. Last month I adopted a sweet shih tzu from her previous owners. She's 4 and they had her for over a year but when they found out she's too small to breed they gave her away.

Poor thing had to leave her 2 buddies she loved (other shih tzus they own) and is now having trouble adjusting to my house. She is so attached to me she cries when I leave the room and shakes when anyone else comes near her.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

but im sure if something came up where you could no longer keep you pet, you would find a new home for it, not dump it somewhere and be done with it

Quoting lucydiamond:

I agree but I will also never put an animal's needs above a human's.

I agree.  And I got kicked out of an apartment for having my cat - I would NOT give up my cat to stay in the apartment, even though it was quite nice.  The landlady couldn't understand why I wouldn't just get rid of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

there is a difference, if i went out and had a baby and after a few years decided "meh, not working out" and abandoned the kid who has bonded with me and loves me, then it would be similar, I have never had an abortion so i cant say for sure the feelings that would arise from it, but from my viewpoint, if i already had made the decision that this child was not what i wanted or for whatever reason could not have. then yes i would terminate before that child was ever born. not give birth and then decided eh.. 

if someone cant handle a dog, they should make that decision well before every purchasing or adopting one

Quoting Anonymous:

i am a different anon.  so your heart aches for animals that are abandoned because they have little beating hearts, but your ok with aborting a fetus that also has a little beating heart?  im not being antagonistic, i just found this strange.  what makes one beating heart more worthy of saving than another?

Quoting Anonymous:

pro choice

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you pro life to? Just curious.

opal10161973
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Feral cats are not pets.  Oh, you can feed them, but they are not pets.  It's not the same thing at all. 

Quoting fairyjester:

whether they are well socialized or not they were apparently the aunt or whatever's pets.

Quoting opal10161973:

From what that lady was writing, those cats were practically feral, not really pets.  Do you feel the same way about wild animals living in your house? 

I don't think pets should be just thrown away either. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I'm with ya. It's a horrible thing.

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I got rid of a cat only cause it sprayed my bed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Yeah, it was horrible. I was like 12 at the time. I think maybe being so young was a big part of the trauma factor, but I'm sure it would still break my heart if I witnessed something like that today.

Quoting Anonymous:

:( that makes me sad,

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know how people can do it. I saw my father do it once, saw the dog chasing after the car. I sobbed for what felt like forever. It pretty much broke my heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM

If it makes you feel better to believe that they do, then fine. But animals do not "love". Your dog does not love you. It needs you because it thinks your part of it's pack and thus important for it's survival. 

Quoting fairyjester:

if you really want to get down to base instinct , just include humans in your group of animals.   

and for the record animals to love.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not the same as humans. The purpose of life for animals is to survive and reproduce, not to love like so many seem to think. 

Quoting fairyjester:

you do not think animals have feelings and emotions?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is called Anthropomorphism- when people people put emotions and feelings on animals that they do not posess. They do not have "feelings and emotions just like us". 

I love animals, but sometimes you bleeding hearts take it too far. Humans come before animals. Sorry! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)