Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CAR SEAT POLICE!!! Questions!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I have a safety first summit carseat that my 5 year old has rode since she was 1. Is the style same to put my now 1 year old in? The weight is 22-100lbs. Help!! It was also manufactured in 2008! 

Edit- what's the best affordable carseat? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Bum

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM
It is going to expire in 2014. I would get another, personally. You will be replacing it in a few months if not.
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Is the car seat in good condition? Has it been through any car crashes? Has your 5yo used it gently and treated it well? I would ring up your nearest ambulance station and ask them about it. I planned on reusing car seats when I found out I was pregnant and DS was about to move up to a car seat that converted to a booster. Then I found out I was having twins; and every place that I went to for EVERYTHING offered me a small discount if I was buying two amounts of things. I think it was something like 10%. But ring up the ambualnce, they should be either able to tell you over the phone or ask you to bring it in.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
This!

What's your budget? Are you planning to keep your child rear facing?

Quoting niki_hubbard:

It is going to expire in 2014. I would get another, personally. You will be replacing it in a few months if not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM

you still have a year left. they expire 6 years after the manufactured date. if you turn your seat upside down there is an experation date on it. so you could use it for a year but then you need to get a new, but hey that gives you time to save up for one if you needed to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM

150$ max. I proberbly will forward face after she can no long fit in her carrier. 

Quoting Randi02:

This!

What's your budget? Are you planning to keep your child rear facing?

Quoting niki_hubbard:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Yes it is, no crashes! My daughter was very good to her carseat. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

Is the car seat in good condition? Has it been through any car crashes? Has your 5yo used it gently and treated it well? I would ring up your nearest ambulance station and ask them about it. I planned on reusing car seats when I found out I was pregnant and DS was about to move up to a car seat that converted to a booster. Then I found out I was having twins; and every place that I went to for EVERYTHING offered me a small discount if I was buying two amounts of things. I think it was something like 10%. But ring up the ambualnce, they should be either able to tell you over the phone or ask you to bring it in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Bump

2pittsburghboys
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

If you take it to a certified car seat check they will be able to tell you.  They also have programs for anyone (as in any income limit) that when you come in and they feel your seat is unsafe they will replace it for free.  You must turn over the old seat so they can destroy it but it's worth it as you walk away with a new seat.  I know in Pennsylvania the program is funded through various grants and hospitals so there is no excuse to have an unsafe seat.  You can check this link for locations as well as calling your local fire/police and or hospital.  Good Luck!!

http://www.seatcheck.org/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)