Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F*** my caseworker

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 196 Replies
My dd receives medical from the county. My job does not offer it and I can not afford to private pay.

So every 6 months I have the pleasure of dealing with this gem downtown. She hates me. Idk why. All I ask of her is that she pay attention to my case file. Last year I supplied copies of my last four pay stubs (she only needs 2), and copies of all my bills (gas, water, electric, house, daycare etc.) She called me a week later, and acted like a super bitch as she told me they were going to cut dd's medical for my failure to be responsible and provide the information. When I told her not only had I provided it, I have receipts from when I submitted the info along with tracking numbers, she YELLED at me for calling her a liar and then hung up on me. Refused to answer my calls back until the end of the day, when she informed me she has hundreds of cases to deal with, and doesn't have time to deal with me, then hung up, again. I ended up getting a hold of her supervisor who, miraculously, was able to find my info, in under 30 seconds.
A week later my case worker calls and says she wants my bank account number. I said no. I said I would provide my statements with the account number blocked out, but I was not going to hand her my account information since she cant even keep track of my water bill. She called me a few choice names and hung up on me, again. So I called the head of the department who told me it was not necassary to provide my account number, that my daughters medical would continue to be provided and to file a formal complaint against my case worker.
Did that.
She is still my case worker. Despite my best efforts.
So this morning, 8 am, she calls for my 6 month follow up, that basically says yes my job still provides zero medical blah blah blah.
She tells me she needs a copy of my bank account. I told her no. She tells me its a requirement, and I told her, no. I said I would provide my statement with the number blocked out but if she cannot promise me that the statement will be shredded once its entered into the system, she's not getting it. I have ten days to provide it or dd loses her medical. And then, big shocker, she hung up on me.
I hate this woman.
I am in the process of filing for a new job at a much larger company that is able to provide an affordable benefit package so that I don't have to deal with the county anymore. Just got my schooling done. In the meantime, I get to deal with this peach. I know there are good ones out there, I had one, and she got promoted.
Other fun things this woman has said to me:
"The woman thinks its my job to deal with her, don't she know I got hundreds of cases and don't have time for her?" Announced that gem while I was sitting in the office, did it in front of everyone.
"Why are you even dealing with us? Don't you know welfares not for you people anyway?" I asked who is you people "you know, white people, ya'll have automatic benefits without taking it from us poor minorities too" Yup that cute one was recorded, dumb ass said it over the phone, conversations are recorded.
And my favorite "ya know, if you would just move to the downtown, ya could afford medical" I said the area she is talking about is unsafe "not my problem, why should you get to live some place nice? Who do you think you're better than?" Also recorded. Idk how she still has her job. BTW, where I live, its not a ritzy neighborhood, its a culturally mixed suburb with bank accounts of all sizes. And I pay all my bills. I work my ass off for the good school system and the safe neighborhood. I didn't realize you could only live in the hood to be worthy of help.
Ugh.
All right bash away.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
15 moms liked this
:/ misery loves company. Kill her with kindness! And keep filing complaints. Shes harassing you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm going to. Monday morning when everyone is in the office, I'm going down, with my statement, account number blocked, and filing my complaint. Omg I cannot wait to never have to deal with this system anymore. I really hate it. But my dd has asthma so I can either pay hundred of dollars for every doctors visit and inhaler, multiple times a year, which I don't have, or I deal with this crazy bitch. I keep telling myself just a little bit longer and its over.

Quoting SadiasMomma:

:/ misery loves company. Kill her with kindness! And keep filing complaints. Shes harassing you

tardistraveller
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

No bashing, she sounds awful.  I would keep pushing for a new worker.  Go to the media if need be, she shuld not have her job at all.

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Why does she need your banking information? I have never heard of that, only in SSI cases.
seegrace
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM

OMG how infuriating.  I dont know what to say other than to agree with the kill 'em with kindness statement.  You sound like you are covering your ass with keeping records of everything so just keep on keepin on and hopefully soon enough you won't have to deal with her ever again.

Lizard_Lina
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
She's my third case worker. My first one was just as crazy. I filed for the medical originally when I became pregnant with my dd. It took her a year to get back to me, its only supposed to take 3 months. I gave her all the information (bills, pay stubs, ss cards, birth certificates etc.) She DENIED me because I didn't provide proof of pregnancy. Ummmm you have a birth certificate for her, in your hands, with my name on it. She didn't just appear here. And I provided the proof, when I filed for the medical, last year. She continued to deny me for 6 months, with various excuses of, well any letter I provided now would obviously be fake to "rape the county of its benefits". She got fired, I got an AWESOME case worker, who got promoted, and now I have this lovely woman to "help" us. I can't wait to be done.

Quoting tardistraveller:

No bashing, she sounds awful.  I would keep pushing for a new worker.  Go to the media if need be, she shuld not have her job at all.

kiko2mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Is there a family advocate? you said it was county, but I've only dealt with state and they do. When my case worker was pulling that stuff, that's who I called and got it straightened out.
Lizard_Lina
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
To track my income. She wants the ability to access my bank account so that she has undeniable proof that I'm not lieing about how much I make. It's ridiculous.

Quoting monkeymom1104:

Why does she need your banking information? I have never heard of that, only in SSI cases.

Lizard_Lina
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Idk. I usually end up having to call the commissioners office if I want anything to be handled in under 3 months. That's speedy where I live.

Quoting kiko2mommy:

Is there a family advocate? you said it was county, but I've only dealt with state and they do. When my case worker was pulling that stuff, that's who I called and got it straightened out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN