Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not Betty Homemaker update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
DF has worked early all week (5-2pm). He had today off- I didn't know until today when he got up with the kids. I was asleep hard and the monitor was turned down (DF did it because he wanted to hear the game). I have the monitor simply so I can hear 2yo when he wakes. Without it, I'm liable to sleep for a while because I'm a deep sleeper.

So, he got up with the kids and I woke up about 30minutes later. He went to the store and made this outrageous breakfast. Nice, right?

No. We all said thank you and ate and I get started cleaning up the HUGE Mess he left... ugh. He finds this old container in the fridge and yells at me and says I'm irresponsible for wasting that food and insisted I empty it this very moment. No. I'm busy cleaning your mess. I told him to just dump it and bring me the container ... and...

"Don't fucking act like you do so much! You're not Betty homemaker. You're not Martha Stuart. You don't do shit. I got up with the kids! You do nothing! If I had someone paying my bills for 3 years I would be ahead and have money saved! (What money should I be saving? I don't have any.) You can't even clean the bedrooms!"

No one goes in my bedroom. Yeah, its messy, but MAYBE if he bought us dressers that wouldn't be the case. Its all I can do to keep up on dishes and the common areas of the house.

the common areas are ALWAYS clean and company ready. I get up and make breakfast EVERY DAY. You do it once and now I'm worthless?

I said I was going to stop doing what I do then. He called me a coward (dafuq ?) And I said "well I don't do anything anyway so what the fuck is the difference?"

The kids were outside and youngest was napping.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: I AM NOW DISGUSTING BECAUSE SIX MONTHS AGO I BLED THROUGH WHILE I WAS SLEEPING BECAUSE I HAVE UNGODLY HEAVY PERIODS AND I AM NASTY.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
VannaMae307
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not either! Wheeee!

I do the best I can though. Your dh sounds like an unappreciative douche.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate when one person is keeping score....... not a healthy way to have a family. GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Its just shittty when I'm doing the BEST I can and he is such a dick! My kids are happy, so I obviously don't totally suck!

Quoting VannaMae307:

I'm not either! Wheeee!

I do the best I can though. Your dh sounds like an unappreciative douche.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Its stupid. He's a 33yo child.

Quoting happinessforyou:

I hate when one person is keeping score....... not a healthy way to have a family. GL

Acid
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

And you're going to marry someone who talks to you like that, why?

Run, because your kids will learn to treat their spouses that way or learn to think it's totally acceptable to be treated like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I try do do the best I can to keep things clean in my house. I'm not the best at it. But my DH would never yell at me for it :( Sorry you have an ass of a husband.

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
4 moms liked this

Why is it when a man does one thing that he typically doesn't do we are supposed to drop to our knees and sing his praises?  One thing out of the tons of things we do, I am a little bitter on this subject

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN