Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not Betty Homemaker update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DF has worked early all week (5-2pm). He had today off- I didn't know until today when he got up with the kids. I was asleep hard and the monitor was turned down (DF did it because he wanted to hear the game). I have the monitor simply so I can hear 2yo when he wakes. Without it, I'm liable to sleep for a while because I'm a deep sleeper.

So, he got up with the kids and I woke up about 30minutes later. He went to the store and made this outrageous breakfast. Nice, right?

No. We all said thank you and ate and I get started cleaning up the HUGE Mess he left... ugh. He finds this old container in the fridge and yells at me and says I'm irresponsible for wasting that food and insisted I empty it this very moment. No. I'm busy cleaning your mess. I told him to just dump it and bring me the container ... and...

"Don't fucking act like you do so much! You're not Betty homemaker. You're not Martha Stuart. You don't do shit. I got up with the kids! You do nothing! If I had someone paying my bills for 3 years I would be ahead and have money saved! (What money should I be saving? I don't have any.) You can't even clean the bedrooms!"

No one goes in my bedroom. Yeah, its messy, but MAYBE if he bought us dressers that wouldn't be the case. Its all I can do to keep up on dishes and the common areas of the house.

the common areas are ALWAYS clean and company ready. I get up and make breakfast EVERY DAY. You do it once and now I'm worthless?

I said I was going to stop doing what I do then. He called me a coward (dafuq ?) And I said "well I don't do anything anyway so what the fuck is the difference?"

The kids were outside and youngest was napping.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: I AM NOW DISGUSTING BECAUSE SIX MONTHS AGO I BLED THROUGH WHILE I WAS SLEEPING BECAUSE I HAVE UNGODLY HEAVY PERIODS AND I AM NASTY.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Replies (111-115):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM
He did that to me too. I told myself I would have the baby and see where it goes... and here we are....

Quoting Anonymous:

Men are assholes. They act like because we don't do 8-10 hrs a day of manual labor that we don't do a damn thing. OK then how are the clothes always clean and put away. The house tidy and clean and dinner on the table...all while taking care of a clingy 1 year old. My 4 year old is chill most of the time lol. I am alway complimented on my clean house. But im still fat, pale and nasty according to him...im 7 months pregnant :/
TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Why stay with a man who talks to you like that? It's pretty ridiculous. Leave!! Don't marry this "man"!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Yeah I'm pretty much done. He's just as pale and overweight with stretchmarks too. He has zero room to talk

Quoting Anonymous:

He did that to me too. I told myself I would have the baby and see where it goes... and here we are....

Quoting Anonymous:

Men are assholes. They act like because we don't do 8-10 hrs a day of manual labor that we don't do a damn thing. OK then how are the clothes always clean and put away. The house tidy and clean and dinner on the table...all while taking care of a clingy 1 year old. My 4 year old is chill most of the time lol. I am alway complimented on my clean house. But im still fat, pale and nasty according to him...im 7 months pregnant :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I mentally checked out a long ass time ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I'm pretty much done. He's just as pale and overweight with stretchmarks too. He has zero room to talk

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
You and me both. I did late spring cleaning the other day, top to bottom spotless and by the end of the day it was completely ruined. I told dh that looking at it made me want to cry...so he picked up the living room a little. I apparently wasn't appreciative enough and got a "nothing is ever good enough for you" speech. Grrr!

Quoting Tracylynn100:

Why is it when a man does one thing that he typically doesn't do we are supposed to drop to our knees and sing his praises?  One thing out of the tons of things we do, I am a little bitter on this subject

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)