Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow, I may end up regretting it

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 47 Replies
I made a post a little while ago saying that I proposed to pay for my step daughters braces if bio mom agreed to take her to all of her appointments at our orthodontist where I will get a discount. She agreed which is great because SD really needs them. I thought we were good to go.

I tell Dh to let her know she can schedule the consultation and take her any time now since I got her added on my insurance. That way, we can get the care plan done and get things going.

So, he told the ex to go ahead and schedule that appointment because she will be the one taking her. You know what her response was?

"Why can't you guys schedule it?"

Wow. She basically refused to schedule it. She said for us to do it and she would take her.

Is this a bad sign or am I looking too much into it?
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

if someone was offering to pay for my kids braces I would make that consult in a heartbeat

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Is it possible she feels guilty in a sense since you're helping out she feels weird scheduling it herself? Idk...I have no idea how people think lol

cymkare
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that is probably a bad sign. Maybe BM thinks that you should do it all. Or she might be embarrassed to take her when she's not the one paying. 

CafeMom Tickers

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Usually at the consultation they go over the money. I'd feel funny about scheduling the consult too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
She's probably embarrassed to have a step mother handling what's usually considered the bio parent's job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Exactly. I'd be bending over backwards to make sure I did my part.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

if someone was offering to pay for my kids braces I would make that consult in a heartbeat

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM

IMO this is a bad sign. I think you can pretty much expect that she is leaving everything up to you. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I said I would meet them there. They live out of town. It is more time consuming for her, so I figured it would be best for her to schedule and I would just work it into my work schedule to come sign.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Usually at the consultation they go over the money. I'd feel funny about scheduling the consult too.
LilliesValley
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't get why she wouldn't want to schedule it if she's taking her. If it's going to be a sticking point then I would just schedule it but damn if someon was going to pay for something like it I think I'd go ahead and schdule it. Yeah I can forsee problems here.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Me either... lol. I just get a really bad feeling about it.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Is it possible she feels guilty in a sense since you're helping out she feels weird scheduling it herself? Idk...I have no idea how people think lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)