Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow, I may end up regretting it

Posted by   + Show Post
I made a post a little while ago saying that I proposed to pay for my step daughters braces if bio mom agreed to take her to all of her appointments at our orthodontist where I will get a discount. She agreed which is great because SD really needs them. I thought we were good to go.

I tell Dh to let her know she can schedule the consultation and take her any time now since I got her added on my insurance. That way, we can get the care plan done and get things going.

So, he told the ex to go ahead and schedule that appointment because she will be the one taking her. You know what her response was?

"Why can't you guys schedule it?"

Wow. She basically refused to schedule it. She said for us to do it and she would take her.

Is this a bad sign or am I looking too much into it?
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Replies (41-47):
TrouserMouse
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM
That is how I see it.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Weird. You would think that she would want to make the appointment considering that she will be taking her DD on her time. What if you guys scheduled an appointment that conflicted with her schedule ? It just seems impractical. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I know. :-\ It depends on their schedule. She should make it.

Quoting Osstie:

If you are scheduling, and she is taking her, it is going to be a great big mess and you'll go 'round in circles. How are you to be expected to know her personal schedule?

dancer
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM

That does not make sense.

r_luvli
by Stacey on May. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I think you and your dh should probably prepare yourselves to be the sole caregivers in the matter. Her mom doesn't seem too reliable, and it would just save the frustration of disappointment.
michiganmom5150
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Um, like you are supposed to know her schedule? I'd worry that she'll be like, that's not a good time for me...blah blah blah. Good luck with that!
Shabbydoll78
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I would think that from her end she would see it that way as well. I know I would. I wouldn't want my ex making an appointment for our kid that I had to keep. It would certainly end in me rescheduling the appointment to fit my schedule. 

It's not difficult to schedual an appoinment. If shes acting as though it is, I would be a little concerned, just as you are.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

That is how I see it.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Weird. You would think that she would want to make the appointment considering that she will be taking her DD on her time. What if you guys scheduled an appointment that conflicted with her schedule ? It just seems impractical. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM

That's true, that is a long drive time. It sounds though she might be the kind of person that wouldn't  follow though on things. Maybe make the appointment for her and tell sd as well as mom so she's force to take her. If she misses the appointment let her know she's responsible for the no-show fee.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't really feel we should be paying $5k, missing work, spending 2.5 hours of driving time and gas so that she can sit at home and play FB games. She should be willing to do her part.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she won't, can you schedule it and have dh take sd to the appointment ? It might work better anyway if he takes her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)