Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well now, I'm pissed off! *pics on page 6*

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 99 Replies

Ok, quick recap. The landlord came into our home, said it was unsanitary and wanted to do another inspection in 7 days. I took pics to prove these allegations were false. I found out through my lawyer that they should have deposited my security deposit into an interest bearing account, and provided me with the receipt stating the banks name, address, account number and deposit amount, within 30 days. The failed to do so, which means they owe me my deposit back immediately, plus 5% interest. I informed them of this in a letter, and that since the lease stated they were responsible for snow removal and lawn care, that they were to do it, and no longer make harrassing phone calls saying DH was responsible for it. I also informed them I had contacted a lawyer for the legal matters they were violating. Yesterday, my landlord entered my locked garage while I was asleep and took the snow blower, and went under the porch storage area to get the lawn mower. I also discovered today that they stole my lawn hose, which I bought, and wasn't theirs to take.

So, they were supposed to be here before 10am since I had things to do. They never showed. I even canceled my plans just in case they showed up late. It is now noon, and they haven't shown up, nor called stating they wouldn't be here. I am seriously pissed now. Glad I woke up 3 hours early, and then canceled my plans for these douchebags to just blow us off. 

by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Wait a minute. Back up. How does this conversation going from unsanitary to a lease deposit? What made the landlord think the grounds were unsanitary in the first place? That would be my MAIN concern, I mean since you are on Cafemom, I'm assuming you DO have children....

LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Record EVERYTHING like them being late, make a note. From now on only email your landlord that way you have prove of everything said.

BeachMommy07
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Record EVERYTHING like them being late, make a note. From now on only email your landlord that way you have prove of everything said.

and this.

emdizzle64
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Oh, the joys of renting. haha

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Sounds like you need to move ASAP
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on May. 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM

How do you know it was them that stole your things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM
What did he say was exactly unsanitary?
meka26
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would move. Why put up with BS when you don't have to? Another landlord would be glad to have your money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Why did you get up three hours early? 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I got the letter saying my home was unsanitary, so I took it to my lawyer with pics of the home disproving what she said, and he said since she wanted to nit pick that we would review the lease and the tenant laws and see if they were going about everything legally. They weren't. Thus the deposit law being enforced.

IDK she is a dumbass. I had the stomach flu for 3 days prior, and was just getting over it when she came in. I hadn't swept, but that was it. We have a long haired dog and it's shedding season, so there was dog hair on the stair carpets. That was her main bitch. The were no dishes in the sink and everything else was neat and tidy. It was so retarded.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Wait a minute. Back up. How does this conversation going from unsanitary to a lease deposit? What made the landlord think the grounds were unsanitary in the first place? That would be my MAIN concern, I mean since you are on Cafemom, I'm assuming you DO have children....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)