Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: You need to make $100 today - how could you do it?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is a spin off to the poor choices thread.

Ok, so your cut off time for your electricity is tonight at 9 pm. You need to come up with $100 in cash in the next 8-10 hours. You clearly have kids at home, a special needs grandma, 20 random excuses, and your butt hurts from sitting.

What are some ways you could come up with $100 in the next 10 hours? Let's give these ladies some ideas.

by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
6 moms liked this

I'll start:

- Selling plasma. I know, every single one of you has a medical condition that prevents you from selling plasma.

- Pawn your laptop, TV, video game system, wedding ring, etc. I know you NEED your xbox for school or some nonsense, but you will have to use the library for a week till you get your stuff back from the pawn shop. Never mind that its the summer semester right now.

- Collect aluminum cans and recycle them for cash. I know, ewww, how tedious and gross. But your lights are about to go out! Dig in that can. It's obviously easy money because the hobos are always taking our cans from the recycling bin.

- Day labor. Yeah, I know, that would be hard since its late in the day. Usually those who actually WANT day labor jobs show up at the crack of dawn while there are jobs still available. Boo hoo, sucks you slept in.

- Go door to door telling your neighbors of your predicament and ask if you could mow their lawn or weed their garden or clean up their dog poop. I know, the job is below you, but you could bring your kids along. And yes, I know, all of you live 234987239487 miles from the nearest person, have no car, and both of your legs are broken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Haha
illinoismommy83
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

And for those who only like excuses, lets hear your best, funniest excuses :)

mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

but, but, I don't wanna!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I'll start:

- Selling plasma. I know, every single one of you has a medical condition that prevents you from selling plasma.

- Pawn your laptop, TV, video game system, wedding ring, etc. I know you NEED your xbox for school or some nonsense, but you will have to use the library for a week till you get your stuff back from the pawn shop. Never mind that its the summer semester right now.

- Collect aluminum cans and recycle them for cash. I know, ewww, how tedious and gross. But your lights are about to go out! Dig in that can. It's obviously easy money because the hobos are always taking our cans from the recycling bin.

- Day labor. Yeah, I know, that would be hard since its late in the day. Usually those who actually WANT day labor jobs show up at the crack of dawn while there are jobs still available. Boo hoo, sucks you slept in.

- Go door to door telling your neighbors of your predicament and ask if you could mow their lawn or weed their garden or clean up their dog poop. I know, the job is below you, but you could bring your kids along. And yes, I know, all of you live 234987239487 miles from the nearest person, have no car, and both of your legs are broken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Your mean
illinoismommy83
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess another alternative would be people could stand on a corner with a sign that says "My electric is being shut off tonight. Please give me a free latte and pay my bill for me" and just wait for the money to rain down from the sky.

A latte sounds good.

Quoting mommy2angels427:

but, but, I don't wanna!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I'll start:

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Hook up the garden hose and stand in front of the house with a carwash sign.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmao! This

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I'll start:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Legally?

Katenemsmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Sell random crap on craigslist
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN