Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TTC while on welfare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What do you think of people who do?

I think it's incredibly irresponsible and awful. If you're on social assistance, you can't afford a kid. Period. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to eventually have a 3rd (and last) child but I know we cannot financially afford to do so. So, we take all the precautions to see that it doesn't happen. I just thought that was common sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I get assistance and got pregnant. Should my baby be taken from me upon birth? How insensitive.

Quoting Anonymous:

They shouldn't be allowed to keep children they birth while accepting public assistance.  If they need charity to support those they have, they are completely irresponsible having another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM

LOL, no. It is an absolute fact that if you're accepting PA, you can't afford another child. Period. There's no judgment in stating a fact. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Since we are so judgemental those who are not married shouldn't have a kid period!!!!!! Those who are not married should not engage in any sexual activities period!!!!!!!!! Those who have kids should stay alone and not have a man if the baby daddy don't want them period!!!!!!!!! Those who make under 100,000 should not have a kid period!!!!!!! If you can't stay home and take care of your own kids you should have none period!!!!!!!. Shit happens people could start out working and end up on Pa so keep your opinions to yourself period!!!!!!!

Judge not so that yo wont be judged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Yes.  You are irresponsible, and as such, do not deserve to be a mother.  Do your child a favor and give it up for adoption to a family that doesn't require the public to support them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get assistance and got pregnant. Should my baby be taken from me upon birth? How insensitive.

Quoting Anonymous:

They shouldn't be allowed to keep children they birth while accepting public assistance.  If they need charity to support those they have, they are completely irresponsible having another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Best of luck! And it's absolutely sensible and smart that you guys are working to prevent pregnancy, since it would only make it that much more difficult.

Have you checked out Planned Parenthood for discount BC? They were a life saver when I was in college. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have complicated and mixed feelings on this.  My husband and I have two children (twins).  We weren't planning on that and he lost his job while I was pregnant (the company went belly up) so for awhile, we were without income.  We got on assistance and he got a job.  We did well for awhile, but it got expensive (duh).  I stay at home with the boys and he works full-time to try to support us.  However, we still get FS and we lost our Medicaid because you have to be making under $200 a month to qualify in this state.  Medicaid was coving my birth control so that we didn't have another baby we couldn't afford.  Not anymore.  We're doing what we can to prevent accidents, but I'm scared to death that I might get pregnant again.  I feel like we're being punished even though he's working and trying to keep our heads above water.  Once my children become of age to go to school, I'll go back to work and be in school at the same time so things will get easier, but until then, it's a struggle.

Oh, and I won't even respond to the negative comments.

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Would you add another kid in the mix?

Quoting Had3girls:

I think its nobody's business ..... just cause u gey "welfare" doesn't mean u aren't doing all u can ...... my kids get medicade and we get foodstamps ..... I work about 55hrs a week. ..... can u honestly say I am not doing all I can to support my family??? Too many people judge without knowing the personal situation people r in ........... I wish everybody could just mind their own business ....... the system is there to help .... not to cause judgement

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Why actively try to have another kid when you can't afford the one you have?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I ttc my son while my dd was on state medical. So I guess I'm trashy.

lunarmamma
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I clap my hands and say thank you!

Quoting Had3girls:

I think its nobody's business ..... just cause u gey "welfare" doesn't mean u aren't doing all u can ...... my kids get medicade and we get foodstamps ..... I work about 55hrs a week. ..... can u honestly say I am not doing all I can to support my family??? Too many people judge without knowing the personal situation people r in ........... I wish everybody could just mind their own business ....... the system is there to help .... not to cause judgement

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

not good.

My sister's mother would keep having kid after to kid to remain on welfare.. horrible

enlightened_24
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We were told here that TANF (cash benefits) are taken from the childs father-I am not sure if that stands when the parents are still together. I never understood why it would backfire on the father but we knew a woman who filed for it and her man was in the Army...When the Army found out, he had his ass handed to him, garnished his wages, and all kinds of shit. Apparently, you have to take care of your actions in the military or they will force you to...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN