Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TTC while on welfare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What do you think of people who do?

I think it's incredibly irresponsible and awful. If you're on social assistance, you can't afford a kid. Period. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Should I also get rid of the child that's already living? How are accidents selfish and irresponsible? Is the fact that I'm working my tail off to provide my children with the best not good enough? Can't make you people happy can we PA recipients?

How would you like it if somebody felt your parenting/decisions weren't good enough and just took your kid/s? Bet you'd be crying another tune then.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.  You are irresponsible, and as such, do not deserve to be a mother.  Do your child a favor and give it up for adoption to a family that doesn't require the public to support them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get assistance and got pregnant. Should my baby be taken from me upon birth? How insensitive.

Quoting Anonymous:

They shouldn't be allowed to keep children they birth while accepting public assistance.  If they need charity to support those they have, they are completely irresponsible having another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'm sure you're doing everything you can, unfortunately its still not enough. You should not be having any more at this point. You just shouldn't.

Quoting Had3girls:

I think its nobody's business ..... just cause u gey "welfare" doesn't mean u aren't doing all u can ...... my kids get medicade and we get foodstamps ..... I work about 55hrs a week. ..... can u honestly say I am not doing all I can to support my family??? Too many people judge without knowing the personal situation people r in ........... I wish everybody could just mind their own business ....... the system is there to help .... not to cause judgement

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Its not a fact their are people that I know personally that was making more than most of us will every make that fell on hard times. I just feel like you can not make a blanket statement and make it fit every situation. The statement is not a fact it is an opinion because it does not fit every person's case. Just like me saying a person should not have a child unless they are married, that statement make most cases but what about the person who was raped and got pregnant, it would not fit them. That is why it is important not to judge.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, no. It is an absolute fact that if you're accepting PA, you can't afford another child. Period. There's no judgment in stating a fact. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Since we are so judgemental those who are not married shouldn't have a kid period!!!!!! Those who are not married should not engage in any sexual activities period!!!!!!!!! Those who have kids should stay alone and not have a man if the baby daddy don't want them period!!!!!!!!! Those who make under 100,000 should not have a kid period!!!!!!! If you can't stay home and take care of your own kids you should have none period!!!!!!!. Shit happens people could start out working and end up on Pa so keep your opinions to yourself period!!!!!!!

Judge not so that yo wont be judged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Sadly, I'm in a southern, very religious state.  Planned Parenthood wouldn't be very welcomed here.  I'm still looking into options.  For now, we're taking condoms from wherever we're getting them and buying them when we can't get them free.  I was on the depo shot and have to be careful what birth control I go on because I had a blood clot in my lung from the patch after I gave birth to my babies.

I feel like we're being punished for working towards getting off of FS and those that work get rewarded for it.  $200 a month isn't enough to live off of until you're living off of the government anyway.  It's aggravating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Best of luck! And it's absolutely sensible and smart that you guys are working to prevent pregnancy, since it would only make it that much more difficult.

Have you checked out Planned Parenthood for discount BC? They were a life saver when I was in college. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have complicated and mixed feelings on this.  My husband and I have two children (twins).  We weren't planning on that and he lost his job while I was pregnant (the company went belly up) so for awhile, we were without income.  We got on assistance and he got a job.  We did well for awhile, but it got expensive (duh).  I stay at home with the boys and he works full-time to try to support us.  However, we still get FS and we lost our Medicaid because you have to be making under $200 a month to qualify in this state.  Medicaid was coving my birth control so that we didn't have another baby we couldn't afford.  Not anymore.  We're doing what we can to prevent accidents, but I'm scared to death that I might get pregnant again.  I feel like we're being punished even though he's working and trying to keep our heads above water.  Once my children become of age to go to school, I'll go back to work and be in school at the same time so things will get easier, but until then, it's a struggle.

Oh, and I won't even respond to the negative comments.

Caryss_mommy
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Pssh, the system is there to help, sure. But that does NOT mean it's encouraging you to have more kids that you can't support so that the system can RAISE them. Because of people like this, the average lower-middle class family can't get any help. They're told that they make too much money, when they barely make enough to cover bills and necessities. I see it all too often. The lazy piece of trash that pops out 5 bastard kids and refuses to work, just lives off the welfare and food stamps. People like that live better than some people who go out here and work their asses off, only to be told they "exceed the financial threshold for their family size" when THOSE people are the ones who pay TAXES, not the whore popping out the kids. Oh, yes... the "system" is a little more than flawed...

Quoting Had3girls:

I think its nobody's business ..... just cause u gey "welfare" doesn't mean u aren't doing all u can ...... my kids get medicade and we get foodstamps ..... I work about 55hrs a week. ..... can u honestly say I am not doing all I can to support my family??? Too many people judge without knowing the personal situation people r in ........... I wish everybody could just mind their own business ....... the system is there to help .... not to cause judgement

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

SCARS remind us of where we've BEEN but they don't have to dictate where we're GOING.

Had3girls
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
No I'm not ttc BUT with that said I don't feel I should b judged if something were to happen .... I am a good mother and all the state is helping me with is feeding my kids ..... food is expensive and so is healthcare ..... in the area I live in it is close to impossible to find a job that would make it possible for me to b able to afford either of the 2 ..... but its not for lack if effort

Quoting mxracers:

Would you ttc in your present situation?

Quoting Had3girls:

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

The most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Because we could afford it. Me getting pregnant is actually what got her off state medical. Otherwise we would have had to wait 10 more months for open enrollment but the change in my status got us on dhs insurance earlier.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why actively try to have another kid when you can't afford the one you have?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I ttc my son while my dd was on state medical. So I guess I'm trashy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Given that we as taxpayers get to fund their shitty choices, judging is perfectly acceptable here. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its their life to live. If they forever want to be poor and live off of PA instead of making something of themselves and giving their children a fighting chance, who am I to judge. Thier life is going to be crappy enough without my opinion of their life.

As taxpayers we are always going to be funding someones shitty choices. But  I am not better than anyone else, so I am in no position to judge another. As least that is how I look at it. I am not on PA and never have been but I am still no better than person standing next to me who may be on PA, we just made different choices in life.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I should never have another kid then because I will likely always be on state medical thanks to preexisting conditions. The insurances that WILL cover me cost WAY too much to afford in monthly premiums.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN