Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when ds gets out of the psyc unit, im divorcing my dh.........*update* *updated again* *another update, hes home*

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 412 Replies
1 mom liked this

tuesday my ds was taken to the hospital on mental health arrest. this is his 8th time since this school year. he was not leaving again. i sat at that hospital for 46 hours in psyc waiting area, my dd went to my brothers. ds just got a room upstairs last night. i stayed the night with him. 

where was dh? went to work, went home, drank his beer, watched his shows, and went to bed in his nice comfy bed. 

did he once ask if i wanted a break and offer to come up for an hour or two? no. did he once ask me how I was doing? no. did he ask once how ds was doing? no. 

he did however, bitch at me about the baby being at my brothers, he did bitch at me about the possible hospital bill we're gonna get. he did bitch at me that he was the only one at work all week (my dad, they work together, had a stent put in on monday and is out of work for a few days), he bitched at me about wanting to go pick the baby up from my brothers at which i told him to leave her bc shes having fun, my brother is enjoying having her. if he brought her home, he would just sit there and yell at her, and get pissed and call me anyways. 

so, today, i ask him to go pick up his daughter at my brothers house after work and bring her up to the hospital, bc ds wants to see her. 

think he could do it? nope. he said "can't you just go get her and bring her to the house?" i said, fuck you, you lazy mother fucking piece of shit.

my dh only bitched about wanting to go get her the last three days bc he knew i would say no, leave her. but when i ask him to actually do anything to hep this family, he don't want to do it. 

fuck him. i hope he dies. 

so i thought id update if anyone wanted to know, alsoim just going to use this as a journal/vent post. don't like it, don't read it. lol

the first day and half were great. he was all happy and shit. i get a call last night around 1030pm, saying they had to sedate him. the bed time is 8, which isn't new, its the same here. he didn't want to go to bed, so he started self harming and atacking the staff. they gave him benedril, which i guess didn't help a whole lot, but his rage fit, ran its course. 

when i went this morning to see him he was fine, i had picked up my dd, and they were so happy to see each other. they played, ate lunch together, and watched a movie. my dd and i left to go outside so she could run amuck, bc she was tearing it up in there. lol and she also took a nap. 

about two and a half hours later we go up to see ds and say goodbye until tomorrow morning. well, i get up there, and a staff member met me at the door and said ds had soiled himself, they got him to change, but he wouldnt go in and clean himself, he just changed his pants. he was going ape shit. trying to rip the water fountain out of the wall, kicking doors, attacking staff. i took dd into a family like room which had locked doors and i tried and to calm ds. nope, no go. they took him to a room with nothing in it, to wait it out. 

no go again.....he started hitting his head off the wall, and this time he got an antipsycotic. 

i watched as two grown men pinned him down, and the nurse give him the shot as he was screaming and crying that he didn't want a shot......i lost it. i broke down, and could not stop. 

so after about 10 minutes, he was settled down, they let him come in the family room with me and dd and the head dr lady. he was still crying. 

im at a loss. a complete and utter loss. 

so theres the update for friday. if ya read it, good, if not, oh well. 

5-18

theres no update yet. i havem't been there yet today. i got dd back yesturday, so today i kept her home to let her nap in her own bed, and to clean the house and do ds's laundry. im going back up in a few hours, so i'll update when i get back home if there are any changes. 

5-20

so, yesturday was just.......asinine. not with ds but my parents, and today is gonna suck. we got into a fight, again, and i took them off the visitors list. 

some back story. im adopted. me and my "mother" have never gotten along. shes over bearing, helicopter, thinks she knows eveyrthing, and thinks she can just do whatever she wants. theyre heads have been shoved up ds's ass since the day he wan born, and shes mad bc i can have kids and she can't. they have been up at the hospitsl all day every day, and brings ds new toys, snacks...my dad showers ds, bc apparently god forbid he does it himself. 

anyways, i was sitting outside when they came up and they sat and my mother was talking, yet again, about an appt he had in feb that i was told not even bother with. they wouldve evaluated for autism, and hes not showing the signs of being on spectrum anymore. it was the school shrink who told me not to go. she can't seem to unserstand this, so every chance she gets she tells me how he shouldve gone in feb......he goes in june, i rescheduled his appt. well, she mentioned it again, and i lost it on both of them. i told them they have some wierd emotional, border line creeper attachment to this kid, and people are starting to notice and ask wtf is wrong with them. dad piped in about some stupid shit, and i told him if hed grow some balls and take a step back, theyd see how much theyre holding him back. they treat him like hes a baby. its ridiculous. 

so i told them i was taking them off the list of visitors. they'll go up there anyways, and cause a scene, bc they think they can do whatever they want. not my problem anymore. im done with them. theres obviously way more to me and my parents but thats what happened yesturday. 

*sigh* guess im locking my door and turning off my phone. 

5-20

so, i took my parents off the visitor list. i expected my phone to be lighting up or them over here whining about it. nope. but apparently my dad told my dh, they work together, that if i called work looking for dh he would hang up on me and not tell dh i called...oooo nooo!!! lmfao stupid ass. theyre so stupid. 

anyways, on a good note, tomorrow we have a discharge meeting with the dr. so he may come home tomorrow or wed.  yay!

however, i did tell the dr today that i was not impressed with the care and stuff of these kids that come in here. he sat in the unit all week playing, watching movies and tv, eating whenever he wanted..... i told her i expected there to be some kind of therapy every day, more mandatory group activities.....i told her that i wanted to use him as a guiny pig for meds, i couldve just taken to him to his shrink every other day. idk. im so frustrated and im willing to bet he will be back there with in 2 weeks. if that happens, i will be demanding a dfferent hospital. 

i also told her, he needs a mood stabalizer. that i believe he is bipolar.  the clonadine and ritalin arent gonna do shit for him. but we'll see,

so, ds came home today. this stay was the stupidest shit i have ever had to deal with. they did nothing! pretty much kept him for a week, and sent him home with the same lame ass meds he was on that don't do a damn thing! he'll back in there with in 2 weeks, tops. we didn't even get out of the building and someone called security bc he was starting his fits and punching things. smh.

also, im looking for a lawyer, bc the dr and staff broke hippa 3 times! im so over this shit. im ready to just find some secluded place to move to and deal with this shit myself! im so pissed and frustrated i can't even think straight. 

not to mention, my parents are still going on and on about taking me to court. finally today i looked at her told her i don't give a fuck what you do. youre stupid, you know you stupid, and so does EVERYONE else. and if she didn't get the fuck out my face, she would be unrecognizable.....done with it. 

i don't know. i am so stressed out right now! 

by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalmomma86
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
15 moms liked this
Yeah he's a douche.. no one deserves that crap..focus on your son and deal with his stupid ass later
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would be pissed to. I wouldn't wish death on him because that would be to nice.

jesistar6910
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry you are going through all of that. I agree, he is being a douche.

wumbo
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You married the man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I am sorry your dh is being such an a**! You do need to seriously consider what you want for yourself and for your children in the future. Your dh is not going to change, he is selfish and only thinks of himself, he will always be this way. Things WILL get worse, I promise you. He has no respect for you or the children. Is he also physically abusive? He is most definitely emotionally abusive. 

It's really up to you whether you allow this to continue. Think of what this shows your children, what they will learn is acceptable behavior in a relationship. 

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry-he really should be giving you more support at this time :(

He just sounds really stupid-stressed. All these bills, hospitalizations....he is  probably wondering how he is going to pay for all of it.

I hope he can snap out of it and be more emotionally supportive. And I am sorry you are going through all of this and wish you luck and strength <3

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

im going to. im actuslly sitting at mcd's right now on the laptop, probably sleeping in my car tonight bc i told dh i wasn't coming home. lol

Quoting metalmomma86:

Yeah he's a douche.. no one deserves that crap..focus on your son and deal with his stupid ass later

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like a good plan, if I were you I would start prepping paper work, and keep a stash of cash that he won't know about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Hope your ds gets better. Just focus on that.
EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG! NO WAY!

Quoting wumbo:

You married the man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)