Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i feel like a bad mom.. because..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I keep my sons father at a distance.

He's allowed to come around and see him, but only if he comes to my house. He has past drug use, well actually current drug use. He's dating someone who abuses drugs.

He abused me throughout our relationship. One time he choked me so hard, while I was holding our son, until I passed out.

I know I have good reasonings for doing what I do.. but I feel guilty. I feel like im robbing my sons relationship with his Dad. And that DS will end up hating me for it. :/

I also feel like maybe if I was a little more flexiabke, he would come around more. I don't know, im stuck. I don't know what the "RIGHT" thing to do is anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Bump
Mama110981
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
This i like the story of my life. Word for word. Except I dont allow my ex anywhere near me and ds. Never. Ever. And I know its the best thing for my son
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM

You're not robbing your son, his dad is. IMO, you have nothing to feel guilty about, I'm sorry you do. Hugs

lalaballet
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM
That is exactly what makes you a good mom. Is there a strong man influence you trust that can bond with him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I think it's unsafe for both of you to be alone in the same place as him. You should go through the courts and have supervised visits but a case worker can supervise him not you.
That way your son sees his father and has a relationship with him, but you both are safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I know its best. For now anyways. Idk. Im so confused. When my ex is around our son, he's a totally different person. Its just a fight to get him to show up. He will like once every few months.

I know this messes with my DSs head, but I just keep thinking "what if" this is the time he changes.

I just want everything to be half way normal again.

Quoting Mama110981:

This i like the story of my life. Word for word. Except I dont allow my ex anywhere near me and ds. Never. Ever. And I know its the best thing for my son
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Thank you. I know im doing what is best for my son right now. But I can't help feeling like this is my fault somehow.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

You're not robbing your son, his dad is. IMO, you have nothing to feel guilty about, I'm sorry you do. Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
He has a pretty steady male role model. My friends parents claim him as their grandchild. They also babysit, so he's around him 5 days a week. Im so grateful that he has them, but its not his daddy, ya know?

Quoting lalaballet:

That is exactly what makes you a good mom. Is there a strong man influence you trust that can bond with him?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

It's not! You will see that one day, stay strong mama :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I know im doing what is best for my son right now. But I can't help feeling like this is my fault somehow.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

hopeym23
by J3 on May. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM

He doesn't really sound like a good influence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN