Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serious question!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So I just found out I'm pregnant maybe 4 weeks or a little less
My question is... Is it safe to have a drink tomorrow at the bar, my best friend is getting married and her bacoulorette party is tomorrow I have not told anyone I'm pregnant and they may get suspicious if I don't have atleast one drink since everytime I hung out with them it was drinking?

Any advice should I just play the sick card tomorrow?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I wouldn't drink after I knew, but I did before I ever knew I was pregnant and I was about 5/6 weeks when I found out and my DD was fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That's when the baby is laying down its vital foundations of life. Please don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM

this shouldnt even be a question! YOUR CHILD's HEALTH IS IMPERATIVE TO WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY!! Be responsible and start being a mother. Your friends can wait.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Thanks I don't want anyone to know till after week 12 I miscarried once before and it was heartbreaking when people would say I'm so sorry for your loss it would be nothing big or more than one if I decided to drink

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't drink after I knew, but I did before I ever knew I was pregnant and I was about 5/6 weeks when I found out and my DD was fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I know a lot of doctors say it is ok to have a glass of wine daily too. But if you have miscarried before, why chance it? Just tell them you are on some medicene that you can't drink on or something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks I don't want anyone to know till after week 12 I miscarried once before and it was heartbreaking when people would say I'm so sorry for your loss it would be nothing big or more than one if I decided to drink

Quoting Anonymous:

lucydiamond
by LD on May. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Just pretend to drink...? Duh.
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I would order one and then not drink it, but act like you are if that is making any sense. OR order something that looks like a drink, like a shiry temple etc. I would not drink.

autodidact
by Snarknado on May. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM

just say you have a slight headache and are worried drinking will make it worse. 

crescentstar2
by Anne on May. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Order a coke say its a rum and coke
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Or just say your taking medications and can't mix liquor, or volunteer to be designated driver.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)