Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people get divorced

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

when there is no cheating or abuse? Not bashing on people that do I just don't understand it. Also not talking about those who went through counseling and it still didn't help. I mean the ones who never attempted to seek help.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
They don't want to be married anymore to the other person
-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
They don't want to be married anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM

because they can

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Unhappiness for whatever reason. No one should have to stay married if they don't want to. Whatever reasoning someone choose's is valid to them.  I have to stay tied to someone I don't want simply because he didn't punch me in the face, or cheat? I don't think so. 

mcclainprincess
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Its a free country..
angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I got divorced because he decided he rather be a pill head and alcoholic than be a father and husband. He would not work or do anything to help himself. I stood by him through rehab three times and counseling and he only got worse. So I asked him to leave and he wouldnt so I did.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I didn't want to be married to him anymore. I dreaded every day his car pulled in the driveway from work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM

At least you tried! I don't understand how people can throw away their vows without trying to work on their issues first. 

Quoting angie729:

I got divorced because he decided he rather be a pill head and alcoholic than be a father and husband. He would not work or do anything to help himself. I stood by him through rehab three times and counseling and he only got worse. So I asked him to leave and he wouldnt so I did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I found that his face,body and everything about him disgusts me. I hate sex. I got tired of the sexual obligation in marriage. I wanted to be single again and free. Now, I'll never have to date or have sex ever again. I'm pretty sure I wasn't meant to be married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't know everybody's story. I "tried" for 10 years. I don't love him at all. I never did. Don't come with the "fall back in love with him" crap. I can't love someone that I never did and since I can't rewind time, divorce was the best option. Marriage doesn't mean the same to everyone and vows were meant to be broken.

Quoting Anonymous:

At least you tried! I don't understand how people can throw away their vows without trying to work on their issues first. 

Quoting angie729:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured