Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of broken laptop post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
5 moms liked this

It got me thinking...  ok,  what is going to happen if a kid who knowingly goes into where they should not be, not once, not twice but many many times...  does this not deserve a punishment that would actually make that kid go "oh ok, I dont think I better do that again"   ok,  kid is 5, should be starting school.   What are the other kids at school going to say to this child if he breaks things..  I mean come on!!!  This kid is learning that he can do whatever, whenever he wants to with very little consequence.     When does the mother step in here, when the DD loses her job??  when she can't do school work??  I mean,  how much havoc should a teen have to deal with on a daily basis before enough is enough.  Seriously, oh im sorry you lost your job, my bad, oh sorry your very expensive laptop is broke my bad  is just  NOT GOOD ENOUGH....  this just is so wrong and I feel so bad for that girl...  I mean a LOT would have beat the crap outta their sibling for half that stuff...  I think she has just put up with so much that this was the last straw and I dont blame her one bit.  yet the "mom"  sees none of this

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Hmm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
OMFG the kid in only 5. Let it go already!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you kidding? 5 is more than old enough to know boundaries. 

Quoting Anonymous:

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
The child is 5, guess what 5 year olds aren't perfect. They sometimes do things they shouldn't, that's part of being 5, even thing they know they shouldn't.

Goodness we don't give birth to adults, we give birth to children. If they came out perfect, never making mistakes and always knowing what to do, they would be pushed out of the nest a lot sooner the 18.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM

at 5 the kid knows to stay outta the darn room!!  age should not be an issue here.   He clearly knew it was wrong.    simple solution ...  lock on the door,  but NOoooooo that would be too easy for the "mom"

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
4 moms liked this

The kid is gonna learn he can do whatever the hell he wants, whenever he wants to do it. He won't have any respect for anyone or their property.

I feel bad for that teenage girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
You fucking need therapy. And a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you kidding? 5 is more than old enough to know boundaries. 

Quoting Anonymous:

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

And by 17 he will probably be in Juvie for theft because he is "just curious" and "pushing boundaries" Oh and let's not forget that NOT allowing him to do something just makes it more enticing, so his behavior just can't be helped....

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this

i read that post and skipped through the replies. a bunch of excuses from the op about her kid "still learning boundries" and blah blah. i'd probably hate the kid too if i were his sister.

5 yrs old is plenty old enough to know "dont mess with that. stay out of there." he does it bc he can and his mommy isnt going to do shit about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I totally think the "mom"  is not doing anything to help at all..  DD cant lock her door, yet mom does not do anything to stop the kid either.   

Quoting luckysevenwow:

The child is 5, guess what 5 year olds aren't perfect. They sometimes do things they shouldn't, that's part of being 5, even thing they know they shouldn't.

Goodness we don't give birth to adults, we give birth to children. If they came out perfect, never making mistakes and always knowing what to do, they would be pushed out of the nest a lot sooner the 18.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN