Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't really understand why most of you hate

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM
  • 143 Replies
2 moms liked this
doing the laundry. It just seems so easy. You put it in the washing machine, then the dryer then fold it and put it away, right?

When I do the laundry, I put it in the washing machine, then take it all the way to the end of the yard to the washing line and hang it. When it's dry I have to iron all of it then put it away.

Now most of the people around here don't even have washing machines so, they hand wash everything then take it out to dry then iron and put away.

I wish I could do the laundry the way you do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starryeyez23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:46 AM
29 moms liked this
I dont mind doing the laundry. Its the folding it and putting it away that I hate.
EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:47 AM
15 moms liked this

where do you live? the outback? hand wash everything? ain't nobody got time for that!

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Where do you live? I don't know a single person who hand washes their clothes lol
caramel85
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Well I get kinda lazy sometimes. It gets done of course. Just I live in an apartment and don't have the convenience of having a washer and dryer in my place, I have to load up clothes in the car and go to a laundromat. Yes, there is one below our unit but the washers only use cold water.

mommaTLC186
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I don't understand people's hatred for laundry either. I have to do 2-4 loads a day and I don't mind.

a few years ago I had no washer and no transportation to get to laundromat so had the pleasure of hand washing clothes for four people in the bathtub. Now that was not enjoyable!
caramel85
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Where do you live? I don't know a single person who hand washes their clothes lol

I sometimes have to hand wash my s/o's sweaters in the tub because my apartment site's laundromat doesn't have hot water. S/o works in the freezer with meat and cold water cannot get the meat stains off the sleeves.

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on May. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Shoot your lucky. I miss my laundry line. I can't stand running my dryer knowing I could be hanging my clothes out. Putting in a line is on the honey do list here.
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM
I don't hate laundry, DH does it :)

TGIF!!!
MomAmy77
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I hate it cause I worked at a dry cleaners for 11 years and hate clothes . Also the whole carrying up and down stairs, single mom, two boys, and always busy at work or sports. I follow up on it just would rather read a book with my extra time . My boys get their cloths dirty within seconds with sports and loving dirt 

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Well yeah certain garments I have to hand wash also...but not all of my laundry lol

Quoting caramel85:

Quoting littlemonaghan:

I sometimes have to hand wash my s/o's sweaters in the tub because my apartment site's laundromat doesn't have hot water. S/o works in the freezer with meat and cold water cannot get the meat stains off the sleeves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)