Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you/would you seek justice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
If you were raped? I was and I didn't because I was afraid no one would believe me, it was someone I knew and had a past relationship with, it was so many years ago that it's too late now. It's to my everlasting shame and regret that I didn't at least try, so he's still walking free.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
No, I didn't want to but the police knew about it and wrote stuff down because they found out from a friend of mine about it, so they heard my story but I never pressed charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

no, but but i was just a kid with no family support.  and lets face it, narking out your parents drug dealer isnt probably going to end well no matter which way you slice it. 

i ran away from home at 15 to get away from my abuser and never looked back.

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I did, and it was the greatest feeling ever watching him be sentenced. Granted he only got a few months, it was the best healing for me and I was able to move on with life.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I tried to. The DA wouldn't take my case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I was a child. My parents chose not to. If it were today or my child? Without question.
NEMommaOf3
by Give Thanks on May. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I, too, am a survivor of rape and incestuous molestation...yes, my parents pushed it to the fullest extent when they found out (adult male cousin, I was 6 when it started and 9 when they found out). He molested more than just me, was sentenced to 40 years to be served, concurrent, I'm 32 now and he has about 17 more years, IF he doesn't get out early for good behavior, which we doubt because his mom has stayed in contact with him and he has so many infractions and has been put in solitary so many times...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I was paid off to not report it... by a very prominent family from the Boston Area

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Yes I did seek "justice" after I was raped. I was completely let down by the DA's office. I have no regrets though on filing charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Yes I did seek "justice" after I was raped. I was completely let down by the DA's office. I have no regrets though on filing charges.
PhoenixV
by PhoenixV on May. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

No, I was young, and it was my brother. I was sexually assaulted at my job once though, I kneed him in the nuts and let my boss know. The next day he was fired, and my boss said I should have kneed him harder. If it were to happen again now though, I would get justice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)