Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you/would you seek justice?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you were raped? I was and I didn't because I was afraid no one would believe me, it was someone I knew and had a past relationship with, it was so many years ago that it's too late now. It's to my everlasting shame and regret that I didn't at least try, so he's still walking free.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (121-128):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

That's a shame, he probably would have had a longer sentence if they had, I hope your daughter is doing well.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter was raped and yes we pushed it through the justice system. It has been a long road and he was just sentenced a few weeks ago. I would absolutely not let him or any other animal walk. We know our daughter wasn't his first victim, but others have refused to cooperate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM
She is getting better. It really has affected our entire family. It makes me angry and sad both that the other girls (that we know of) wont press ahead. If one had perhaps this wouldn't have happened to my child. She pointed that out to the da multiple times when asked if she was going to be able to hold up through the trial. She was at a long time friends, with the mother there. A friend of that families is who did this. You never think it will be you or your family. My daughter is leaning heavily towards a career in law enforcement now.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a shame, he probably would have had a longer sentence if they had, I hope your daughter is doing well.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter was raped and yes we pushed it through the justice system. It has been a long road and he was just sentenced a few weeks ago. I would absolutely not let him or any other animal walk. We know our daughter wasn't his first victim, but others have refused to cooperate.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Such a shame. My mom's been on her way up for a few years now, we're actually becoming pretty close. She was a druggie for many many years, now that she's clean she's a whole new person. Better late then never, but it still took me quite a while to forgive her for all the years of crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't speak to each other much for many reasons, I could get past what she said, I just can't get past what she has done since then to our whole family. Once she hit menopause, she became a completely different person and I don't even know her anymore.

Quoting Zazayam:

Oh my mother was a piece of work, she had a lot of issues back then...
Sorry you went through that, don't let it eat you up :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, what kind of mother would say that? Of course what my mother said to me after I told her wasn't any better, she didn't have any empathy at all, she asked if I had sex with him after the rape. Why does that matter? Does it mean that the rape doesn't count? I just didn't fight him the next time he wanted it, I wouldn't exactly call that consent.

Quoting Zazayam:

I tried, no one took me seriously. I was 12, my mother told me to stop being a whore. I got shunned out of my school and life took a pretty quick turn downhill for a while. Three girls later (that came forward, dunno how many others there were) the guy ended up in prison so that's nice. Could've saved the other girls the problems if anyone wanted to listen.

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

yes i did. 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on May. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

IF the cops didn't do anything, either me or my hubby would hunt the fucker down and I will leave it at that. We have a collection of pretty sharp toys. Use your imagination. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I agree rehabilitation is rare if at all possible with these people. I promise, though, he will never be able to lift a limb to harm another living person again. Any body part he moves is done with assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

The reason I feel the death penalty would be more suitable is so that he can't hurt anyone else because they let these bastards back out on the street after they've been "rehabilitated."

Quoting Anonymous:

Jury's out on that one.  For my family member, yes, I wished him dead, and I don't know if it was God answering my prayers or not but he died in a very horrible way, a very deserving way for what he did to the people around him.  As far as the man that raped me, we did nothing more than leave him in a position that makes him long for death for the rest of his life.  Death would be a gift that he cannot have at this point.  And to me, that is even more just than the death penalty.  So I guess it would depend on the emotional scars left by the person.  Each one left something different. 

Quoting Anonymous:

People think the worst crime you can commit is murder, but I say it's rape or molestation because you have to live with the scars. I think there should be a death penalty on rapist and child molestors if they're repeat offenders.
I say if they're repeat offenders because people lie about being raped and I would hate for someone innocent to be put to death, but chances are if multiple people come forward they're guilty.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raped twice.  Both times is was by someone I knew. The first time, no, I did not seek justice.  I think I was just too young and scared.  The second time, I wasn't.  I did not seek legal justice though.  I had friends help me take care of that piece of fecal matter.  Both times were different people.  The first time was a family member, the second time was an aquaintance.  I regret not saying anything about the family member, but God took care of him anyways. I do not regret the way I handled the second one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
They were crappy parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry, do you know why they didn't do anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been raped. No I didn't go to the police. I was just a little kid... I am 25 and realize my parents suspected yet never did anything. They turned a blind eye to me. ):

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
No - for many reasons.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)