Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you ok with another woman calling your husband "hun" or "babe"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 468 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Are you ok with a woman calling your husband hun or babe?

Options:

I could not careles

No I am not ok with it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 843

View Results

my husband thinks I am being immature because I am a little upset that our new neighbor has been calling him hun and babe

Would you be ok with that?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
11 moms liked this
Hun I would be ok with.
Not babe. I hate that term if anyone uses it, but if anyone at all is going to call my husband babe, it's going to be me. That's a term of endearment for a sexual partner, not a friend. My brother used to call all of his GF's babe so that he didn't get their names wrong. Now when I hear it, that's all I think of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't have a problem with it.  I call other men those kind of names in front of DH.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
14 moms liked this

This is the South and it's normal. We call everyone hun or babe or sweetie or some other endearment. Doesn't matter if we know them or not. Doesn't matter if they are the opposite sex or not. It's just how we are. 

xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this
No I'm not okay with it because it's inappropriate and I would put her in her place immediately. Actually my husband would have the first time she did it
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I guess it would depend on if it was just someone who grew up saying that ( I hear it a lot down here in the South) or if it was someone who was flirting with him intentionally.....so I didn't vote.

Aujonfire
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
10 moms liked this

"hun" is very different than "babe," to me. Also depends on the person.. young? Older? Flirty? Or does she say it to everybody (think of Penny in Big Bang Theory calling everyone Sweetie). For me, if it was a young person I'd be weirded out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the situation. I am from the south and refer to a lot of people by hun and sug. Just the way I am. The babe might bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Only time it bothers me is if they are trying to hook up with him. My neighbor calls my dh hun all the time.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this

No, I am not okay with it.  I find it inappropriate.  Unless it's an older woman calling my DH "hun," I consider it a term of endearment that is best reserved for his wife.

smushy79
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this

It would depend. If it was a waitress or something...no I wouldnt care. If it was a neighbor that was old, wouldnt care. But if it were someone our own age they he worked with or was in the neighborhood, no that would not be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured