Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you ok with another woman calling your husband "hun" or "babe"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you ok with a woman calling your husband hun or babe?

Options:

I could not careles

No I am not ok with it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 843

View Results

my husband thinks I am being immature because I am a little upset that our new neighbor has been calling him hun and babe

Would you be ok with that?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Replies (461-468):
smileber
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM

"Hun", I can handle. We are from the country, where everyone is "hun" or "dear" or "sweetie"/"sweetheart". However, "babe" is not acceptable, and I will gladly say something about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I don't think so and neither does DH.  It's your opinion and honestly, not something I care about.

Quoting vegana:

You're a disrespectful person

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have a problem with it.  I call other men those kind of names in front of DH.

grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

im ok with that, but do not address me as that

lizzig
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM

i'm in the south & you hear that allot, especially from "native southerners".  so it doesn't bother me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on May. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Hun and babe are pretty common around here, as is sweetie or some variation of it, but I'm in the deep South so I figure that's just what people do and it doesn't bother me.

Bauxite-17
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Hun, would be acceptable, depending on how she said it. I've known many old ladies to call everyone hun or honey...or dear. But babe? absolutely not. Babe is saying something else as far as terms of endearments go, and besides, its annoying when people say it anyways. But I probably wouldn't get upset about it, and I'd ignore it, and we'd both probably distance ourselves from that neighbor.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
It's pretty crazy what makes it better is when they don't know I'm in the truck and I jump out. Haha they give up the keys or money right away. Then get out of there. I think it's awesome

Quoting bethmcox:

Love it lmao!  

Quoting momoftwo0406:

He is a tow truck driver and repo man. You wouldn't believe what women offer to do to not get their car taken lol

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Where does he work if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I could careless he gets sexual offers all the time at work. Someone calling him Hun or babe is NOTHING.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noel1978
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM

how old is your neighbor? he had this grandma, (and i really mean a grandma) that he worked with that always called him hon. she called everyone who worked there hon. and so far it seems that anyone over 45 calls him hon. but then again they also me hon and the girls are sweeties

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN