Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me how does this work...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so before I start this... lemme say that im pretty sure that they will be some drama in this post. But its a question that needs to be answered.

Ok so I have a friend who expects everyoneto ssay "happy mothers day" to her every mothers day for the last 3years. Ok no problem... but shes not a mother imo... she got an abortion for the reason "I dont want to be a single mother and I neverwant to be a mother" then why expwct people to say "happy mothers day", right? I know each and one of the ladies who has had an abortion has their own reason. But this reason she has makes me say YOUR NOT A FUCKEN MOM! Sorry....

Heres another question for those who say that she is a mother... then if she is concidered a mother then should I be saying "happy fathers day" to my daughter's dead beat sperm donner as well? He decided he didnt wanna be a father when I was pregnant and walked away, no child support, no contact. Which will change soon since my dh wants to adopt her and my lawyer said that he MAY have to pay child support for the past 4years worth. Anyways... she doesnt want anyone to say happy fathers day to my dd's dead beat but she wants a happy mothers day...

Hmmm how does this work? Isnt it double standard?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Osstie
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No, she is not a mother. She should find something else special to do to remember her baby.

Osstie
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Decemberlov:

Ok I'm confused...

She had an abortion and wants people to say Happy Mother's Day to her and she has no kids?

That's like saying Happy Father's Day when a guy jerks off.

Makes no sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Yea I just dont get her....

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

No, she's not a mom - she even said so herself that she never wants to be a mom.  She's looking for attention.  I'm sorry, if that were my friend I would be brutally honest with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Good one

Quoting Anonymous:

It takes more then getting accidentally pregnant and then abort the unwanted baby to be called a mother...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I love your answer

Quoting CatFishMom:

Sorry, if you had an abortion and have no other kids, you are not a mother and there is no reason to wish her a happy Mother's Day. Getting pregnant doesnt make you a mother, just like getting a woman pregnant doesnt make you a father-loving a child does. (whether it's yours or someone else's) If someone actually insisted I wish them a happy MD with that as the background, I would laugh at her and tell her to come talk to me when she actually has a child. (This is NOT the same as people who have miscarried-she voluntarily chose not to have that child, to NOT become a MOTHER by her own admission)

manda.
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
She's not a mom and she sounds like a douchebag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
More like a nut case.lmao

Quoting manda.:

manda.
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
That too.

Quoting Anonymous:

More like a nut case.lmao

Quoting manda.:

tardistraveller
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

She's not a mother imo.  I don't consider people who have had abortions mother's (unless obviously they have children they didn't abort)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
But what if they aborted cuz of medical reasons? Like life threatening....

Quoting tardistraveller:

She's not a mother imo.  I don't consider people who have had abortions mother's (unless obviously they have children they didn't abort)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured