Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What mean/ weird things have complete strangers said to you??

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 182 Replies
We live in a townhouse where there is a pool for residents. About 2 years ago there was this older woman (about 65) who was lounging by the pool drinking a beer and smoking a cig. The smoke did bother me but she had every right to smoke bc she did live there.
Anyway we came in with 2 of our kids and my kids of course get in the pool and start having fun. Yes they were being loud and jumping in the deep end of the pol. They weren't being obnoxious , just having fun. They know when they are inside to use inside voices and well when they are outside they can use outside voices lol.
This lady was giving my kids dirty looks and seemed annoyed that they were there. My kids were playing a game of " pool tag" and she yelled directly at my kid and told her to " shut the hell up"
I went right over to her and told her she had no right talking to my kids let alone yelling at them. I told her if she said another word to them I'd kick her ass. She told me she was trying to relax and my kids should be quiet. I told her it was mid-afternoon , the kids were out of school and if she wanted "quiet time" she should have stayed home or came in the morning when most of the kids were at school. I also said we live here too and have every right to be here as you do. The kids were not invading her personal space and did not even come close to splashing her.about 15 min later 2 other families came with kids... She then rolled her eyes packed her shit up n left :/

What inappropriate things have strangers said to you??

*edit
I'm still going thru replies . I have to go to store .. Will be back soon :)

*edit 2*
Wow there are a lot of replies! My dd is taking her phone ( the only access I have to Internet) to her friends. I read some but need to get to the rest tomorrow . Some are funny and some are sad!
So we all need to give these assholes the middle finger! Some people need to learn to mind their own business !!
Have a good night everyone! I'll be back tomorrow :)
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM

When I was 7 months pregnant: "Looks like twins!!!"  Uh, no, I was just huge. *sigh*

At the grocery store, to my daughter who has a very fair complexion and prominent vain on her forehead and under her eye "Who drew on her face with marker? That's awful! She looks terrible!"

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Someone asked me was my son my husbands...
Stranger and a non stranger :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntieM
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I had someone tell me only tramps sand sluts have tattoos when he saw the one on my arm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I got called a toothless Bitch ,by a family member and a stranger.by the way I have no teeth

tomary
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I had that happen too! I am small to begin with ( I usually weigh between 95 and 100) so each of my preg I gained between 65-85!! I always loose the weight but I get huge when preg lol!

That's terrible that someone would say that to your DD!!!

Quoting stephiebugg:

When I was 7 months pregnant: "Looks like twins!!!"  Uh, no, I was just huge. *sigh*

At the grocery store, to my daughter who has a very fair complexion and prominent vain on her forehead and under her eye "Who drew on her face with marker? That's awful! She looks terrible!"

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

That I was not being truthful about my twins being twins and was just trying to get attention. :/ 

tomary
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Wow! I would have punched them! Lol

Quoting MIA0223:

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Yeah. People forget genetics are sometimes tricky!
I am very fair skinned, DH is very tan.
DS takes after my skin tone more.

Quoting tomary:

Wow! I would have punched them! Lol

Quoting MIA0223:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tomary
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I would have stared at him till he became so awkward that he would walk away! How mean!!!
If what he says is true then I guess I must be a super tramp bc I have a ring tat and I plan on getting one on my neck as soon as this baby is born!

Quoting AuntieM:

I had someone tell me only tramps sand sluts have tattoos when he saw the one on my arm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
The exact same opposite happen to me! I have two kids that look like twins but they are really just about 10months apart! Strangers still come up to me telling me that I am wrong/stupid when I correct people that they aren't twins! Makes me SO mad! :(
Quoting CuriousArentYa:

That I was not being truthful about my twins being twins and was just trying to get attention. :/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured