Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what I akways found weird

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 69 Replies
When someone gives not only their child, whose birthday it is, a present on a birthday, but also their other kids as well to "make it fair"

I've not run into this often but it I have seen it on a few occasions.

Do you think it's weird?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Ehhh... Sil brought a present to dd3 for ss4s birthday. It was kind of sweet, but I thought it was a bit odd as well
mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah..I do think it's weird. It's one kids birthday, why should the other be getting a present? It's going to be really hard for them when they find out not everything in life is fair.
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I've always done this. Not a big gift. Just a really small gift. I honestly don't have a reason behind it. Haha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Eh if kids had big age gaps yes.. smaller ones no... my kids are 3 and 4 and whwn its one birthday thw other gets a small gift vice versa.. now when they are older we will stop
ashbmac
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I was home for my neice's birthday party and a few family members got my ds presents also, but they never get to see him or give him presents so it was nice for all of them :)

Domestic.Godess
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
That does seem sweet.

I don't find that as weird as when the parent does it though.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Ehhh... Sil brought a present to dd3 for ss4s birthday. It was kind of sweet, but I thought it was a bit odd as well

momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I have 2 kids. Each one gets something small to open on the others birthday. (Not at the birthday party)

It's not about being fair. I look at it as a sibling gift.

LilliesValley
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Kind of minimalizes the kids birthday imo. But whatever works, I guess it all evens out but we don't do this. It's the birthday kids day and that's it. I don't even like making kids share birthday parties but understand that it can be necessary to do. Everyone deserves one day out of the year to feel special.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I always have gift or goodie bags for the kids that attend the party - is that what you mean or real presents?

Domestic.Godess
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Maybe you just like to shop, lol!

Quoting Kool_Aide:

I've always done this. Not a big gift. Just a really small gift. I honestly don't have a reason behind it. Haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)