Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

opinions? Who should get snipped?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
All right, all you opinionated ladies out there... Please weigh in!

We just had our 2nd and final baby. DH and I are disagreeing about who should get "snipped."

I am 41, and done having kids. The likelihood of me getting pg is low, as I only have one tube. However, getting the other tube tied is pretty invasive, I don't do well with anesthesia, and I have heard horror stories (on here) about how bad it is to have both tubes tied.

DH is 32, very healthy, and is the most adamant about never wanting more kids. I would not oppose an oops baby, though I know pregnancy is hard because of my age.

He is dead set against a vasectomy, however.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM

You just had a baby, do you know that studies have shown that women who wait a few months till after they have the baby to get their tubes tied, rather than doing it right away when it's convenient to get in there and get it done and recover from both at once, have a higher likelihood of complications and a longer recovery time? 

Does he know this? He needs to.

It takes a man less than a week to recover from a V, and if at any point in the future you want more kids together he can have it reversed with a 70% success rate (if you can afford it). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Dontfixit.org
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Have you looked in to other forms of female sterilization? Like essure? Vasectomies are pretty invasive too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Well, I would just get and iud and be some with it.
No need for either to get "fixed"
NunyaBizzness
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

he needs to get it done on him.

Chirinos
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I feel he should be the one to get a vasectomy it is less invasive than you having your tubes tide. Now if he's totally against it what about Birth Control
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
This girl I know got as fat as can be after her tubal so I told dh about it and he agreed to get a vasectomy. He would be embarrassed as all hell if I got fat. Plus I heard it messes with your hormones and makes periods extreme. He will be scheduling his appt after our daughter is born. This is also our fifth child.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

DH should have the vasectomy. It is a less invasive procedure and truthfully, you bore him children he can man up and get snipped.

Mandy575
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Why didn't you just have then do it when you had your baby? It's not invasive at all they go through your belly button. I had mine done and it was no big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)