Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im too narcissistic for a relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

The only time I have ever fallen in love is when the person is very similar to myself

My best friends are all like thinkers

I don't even want a relationship because I don't want to do anything that will chnage the view I have of myself 

I know this sounds so bad, is this just a young thing?  Or is this something that is an issue?  To be content in life being alone because my expectations of someone are that of what I expect of myself, and I expect near perfection.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM

504, is dat u, girl? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Reality check in 3..2..1...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

lol No

Quoting Anonymous:

504, is dat u, girl? 

danijean
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Sadly I thought the same thing.

OP I am sure eventually you will grow out of it, no one wants to be alone forever. You will find a guy who is okay with it or completely the same. Good luck. For now enjoy your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

504, is dat u, girl? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Sometimes it's just a young thing being a little narcissistic, but there are people with actual narcissism, and it's a real personality disorder. I say yours does sound more like the latter.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I don't think having high standards in yourself or in others makes you narcissistic.  Hell, the problem most of the women on Cafemom have is they have NO standards.  They rationalize it by saying they'd say/do anything for their kids, they're open-minded, etc.  The truth is....they have no standards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Just from my experience I clash with people in relationships who don't have the same thinking process.  I like to weigh out every aspect of everything, don't make a decision until i have done so, like to take risks when needed, like to be on my own path, take charge.

I just dominate peole who don't take charge like I do or are the sheep of society.  Then I feel bad for it so it's just like, why not realize the truth, I like people like me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes it's just a young thing being a little narcissistic, but there are people with actual narcissism, and it's a real personality disorder. I say yours does sound more like the latter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM

lol

Im all for the power of high expectations, because you will rise to them.

Quoting ElitestJen:

I don't think having high standards in yourself or in others makes you narcissistic.  Hell, the problem most of the women on Cafemom have is they have NO standards.  They rationalize it by saying they'd say/do anything for their kids, they're open-minded, etc.  The truth is....they have no standards.

ruth85
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM

At least you are self aware.  So many people don't even realize they are a certain way.  The problems start when you try to struggle against that or draw someone into it who is not that way...or try to change them.  You can be any kind of person you want to be....just don't hurt or damage others in the process.  

It might be a young thing or it might just be who you are.  As long as you are honest and upfront about who you are and what you want, I think you have less of a chance of doing damage to others. You give them a chance to decide for themselves if they want in or not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Thats where I came to realize this

I will change someone more malliable and twist them and bend them and walk all over them

I need someone just as strong headed as me, just as blunt as me, it keeps me in my place, other wise....doormat

Quoting ruth85:

At least you are self aware.  So many people don't even realize they are a certain way.  The problems start when you try to struggle against that or draw someone into it who is not that way...or try to change them.  You can be any kind of person you want to be....just don't hurt or damage others in the process.  

It might be a young thing or it might just be who you are.  As long as you are honest and upfront about who you are and what you want, I think you have less of a chance of doing damage to others. You give them a chance to decide for themselves if they want in or not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured