Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vent! MOTHERS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I being too harsh?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Ok, Here is my complaint!

My mom has to be moved out of her appartment by the end of May! She is barely looking and has just turned in like 4 applications to places... And she only did that cause I drove her around to do that. Mind you I live more than 45 minutes drive to even get to her house.. then to drive her around for 2ish hours which is what she wants me to do 2+ times a week till she finds a place. She acts like if she drives up and down the streets she will see a place for rent.. 

Well While that might be.. The quicker and cheaper method which I have suggested to her is to call local reality's and see if any of them have anything to rent. She needs a 1 bedroom and is on Section 8. So it has to be a nice place that meets all the section 8 codes. But it also has to be within her budget. Which she won't call section 8 to find out what that budget # is! I have taken her and so have my brothers and sisters taken her local newspapers to call places from there.. I also asked her to call her current landlord who IS the largest landlord in the tri-county area and ask them if they have anyplace that will be ok for section 8.. Which is who is now paying for her current rent.. kwim?! 

Well She is acting so forgetful and not calling anyone.. etc. 

But it costs me 20+ dollars for each of the trips to her house, then around town and then to get me back home.. I am also on a fixed income as I am disabled. I don't have the money.. 

But I keep getting these damn guilt trips she loves to give about how she will be homeless etc..

Why in the heck is it my responsibility to "Drive Miss Lazy" who won't even call and schedule appointments to see a place.. I told her if she scheduled a day of 4-6 places to go see.. I would happily take her.. That atleast is productive.. kwim?

I am going anon cause I don't want all the haters on me for being on public assistance programs etc!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Nope, I think she's in lala land.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

She is a big girl.  If she can't take care of finding a new place, the police will probably drag her lazy ass toa shelter.  Stop trying to be her mommy (or enabler).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Any chance she is angling to move in with you and that is why she hasnt done anything constructive to get herself settled? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

OH NO! 

I respect my sanity.. I love and honor my mom.. But I won't allow her to do to my children what stuff she did to us.. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Quoting Anonymous:

Any chance she is angling to move in with you and that is why she hasnt done anything constructive to get herself settled? 

mikandwheezy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

no youre not too harsh. but if she is one of those people that won't help themselves even when everyone stops doing things for them, she will end up at you or one of your siblings houses. or homeless.

ksueditz
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

does she pretend to be forgetful, or is she really? maybe she's slipping?

ruth85
1 mom liked this

Maybe if you make sure she is aware that moving in with you is absolutely NOT an option, it would light a fire under her butt?

Quoting Anonymous:

OH NO! 

I respect my sanity.. I love and honor my mom.. But I won't allow her to do to my children what stuff she did to us.. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommy2b2many

I'd let her handle it... she's an adult and needs to act like one

harehelper
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I would make that plain to her, that if she doesn't get her tail in gear and get herself a new place that she won't be using your house as a backup. Mabye that will help to motivate her.

Quoting Anonymous:

OH NO! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Driving Miss Lazy

Lmao that's a good one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)