Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter pulled her pants down at school.. wtf do i do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies

first of all no she is not being molested, touched, etc im the only one that ever has her unless she is at school.

second of all this has been going on for a week and im at my wits end i need advice not bashing.

my dd is 6, in kindergarten, and just started a new school a few months ago. when she first started she told me boys were pulling their pants down in front of her. the teacher addressed it then it stopped. then last week some girls pulled their pants down in the bathroom. apparently she did as well.

she got punished - i grounded her, took her 30 minute daily TV time away, etc.

got a call on wednesday about her exposing herself. she had to discuss it with the counselor. we discussed it at home. i did not yell, though i wanted to. i told her how serious it was and how they could take her away from us if she acted that way.

this morning before she left i talked to her about NOT showing ANYONE her private areas. 

i just got a phone call from the school social worker saying that she was in the bushes with 2 boys and the boys were exposing themselves to her. she said that they were pressuring her to do the same, and she did.

i have taught my dd to be responsible for her actions so i dont care that the other boys did it or that they were pressuring her. her actions were deplorable to me and i dont know what to do.

im so embarrassed and distraught. she will be home from school in 2 hours and i have no idea what to say to her. we have had this discussion every day this week til i was blue in the face. she was grounded, had extra chores, etc. 

i dont know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

really? nobody?

jadsmummy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It's peer pressure. You need to teach her modesty in a kind but firm way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting jadsmummy:

we are very modest which is why it was such a shock. she isnt even allowed to wear a 2 piece swim suit. nudity isnt something off limits at home, she has seen me nude and she walks around in her undies at night but she has always known not to let ANYONE ELSE see, touch, etc.

we have had several talks. i dont know what else to do. i told the school counselor that im open to any discipline they want to dish out at school but at this point i dont know what to do at home because im VERY angry with her. i know i cant yell at her for it because it will make it worse but i am at a loss. talking has done ZERO good.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be tempted to duct tape her clothes on...

It's time for punishment to become more severe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chirinos
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I would keep talking to her and I would even use a visual such as a doll and I would tell her that if someone else dose it and wants her to do it it is still wrong and she shouldn't be doing that at all. Good Luck! Hugs
ImATERRORIST
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I agree.. 

Teaching modesty at a younger age can save a hell of a lot of hardship in the future.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jadsmummy:

we are very modest which is why it was such a shock. she isnt even allowed to wear a 2 piece swim suit. nudity isnt something off limits at home, she has seen me nude and she walks around in her undies at night but she has always known not to let ANYONE ELSE see, touch, etc.

we have had several talks. i dont know what else to do. i told the school counselor that im open to any discipline they want to dish out at school but at this point i dont know what to do at home because im VERY angry with her. i know i cant yell at her for it because it will make it worse but i am at a loss. talking has done ZERO good.

whitegirlwasted
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Home school. Don't let her out of your sight ever again. She can't be trusted.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Take the child out of that school please! 

EvilAsh
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Why isn't the social worker offering suggestions or help? School counselor? Teachers? Doc even? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM
My son exposed himself a few months ago. Only once though. Unlike you, I flipped the fuck out. I wanted to snatch him bald (no I didnt hit him). The embarrassment alone was enough to keep him from doing if again. I remind him ever. single. morning. to not show his penis in class.

We're those boys in her class??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured