Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're a irresponsible if you have more than 2 kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

That's what my inlaws said when we ended up pregnant with our 3rd. Now I'm 8 weeks pregnant with number 4 and I'm not at all excited about telling them. I'm excited to be adding to our family but a little embarrassed that we are going to have so many kids. For those of you that have big families, is this a normal feeling? Not that I'm embarrassed but I feel like every where we go people will be judging us. I mean we pay for our own insurance, we're not on any PA my husband makes a decent living so it's not like we're dependent on anyone to care for our kids but I still feel judged. Plus I have no idea how to share the news with family and friends without getting anxiety over the whole thing. But, I can't exactly pop out a baby without people knowing either, or can I? So for those of you that have big families how do you deal with judgement and how do you make everything work? The logistics of having a big family, affording everything etc. TIA

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I think having four kids is cool... It's not like you are nineteen and counting:)

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
you've been pretty much shuned for having more than one kid so obviously you're going to feel anger and upset and fears in all those horrible emotions that you shouldnt if you guys can take care of yourselves then more power to you
VannaMae307
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

You can't win either way, trust me. I only have 1 and get the same reaction but opposite opinion. As long as you are happy with your situation, nobody else matters. It's unfortunate that they can't accept your happiness for having a big family.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this
They don't need to know. They're obviously not supportive, and have made you feel ashamed for your choices, something you wanted, why have people like that in your life? What good do they bring to your life?
Have your baby. Hell, have five more. It's none of their business.
JNLmomme09
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM

If its what you and your husband want, can afford, and provide for then why would you let anyone judge you?

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

#1 - my parents were thrilled

#2, "that's nice." when I called and told them.

#3 "Whattaya nuts!?!?"

#4 - didn't tell them til the second trimester, and heard shit for a few months.

Hub and I planned on having four children.  Larger families are the norm around here, and I don't know anyone who only has one or two in my area.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Maybe they are worried about your finances? The economy sucks and a lot of people are struggling. More kids = the $$ has to stretch further....

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Ignore them. They are clueless.  Don't worry about what other people think. Life is too short to let what others think get to you.  We have a family of 5, 3 kids and us two. Let them think what they wish. No skin off my nose and if they want to judge so be it. I have great kids. They are fed, well cared for, have a roof over their heads and are compassionate bright little people. 

People get too hung up in other people's business. Don't sweat it. Their opinion isn't important. What you teach your kids and what your kids think of you is, what is important.

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My parents gave me shit about my 4th from the moment I told them, that was fun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Who cares what they think!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)