Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are we nuts? *pic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm graduating college tomorrow and my SO and I are driving from FL to NC for it with our boxer and two five week old kittens. Do you guys think we're nuts? We're about 3 hours in and have about 9.5 hours left.
His mom wanted a kitten, as did my moms friend (who both live in NC - I moved to FL in December) and my aunt who lives in FL found two kittens she was trying to get rid of, so we volunteered to bring them up. So far, they're doing great!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM
No I don't think your nuts
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on May. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Congrats on graduating! I don't think it's that nuts to travel with them. The kittens will probably do very well as long as they stay cool. I think it's nice that you are bringing them to their new home. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Nah. Traveling with animals isn't a whole lot different than traveling with kids lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably easier with animals then kids.

Quoting hautemama83:

Nah. Traveling with animals isn't a whole lot different than traveling with kids lol.
JNLmomme09
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

no I have driven with my family from NY to fl with 4 kids  two birds and two dogs. We came back with 2 turtles.

*** Edit   when I say my family, I mean my parents and siblings.  not me and my kids

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I think you're right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hautemama83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM
It sure is, lol. I've done both multiple times - our boxer just met the kittens when we picked them up uhhh before we left and he's awesome with them! They have a water/food bowl and little litter box in their crate and Magoo has the other half of our jeep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hautemama83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm sure the ride home as a lot more quiet...and sane, lol

Quoting JNLmomme09:

no I have driven with my family from NY to fl with 4 kids  two birds and two dogs. We came back with 2 turtles.

*** Edit   when I say my family, I mean my parents and siblings.  not me and my kids

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM

that picture is adorable! but no, you're not nuts. i have driven all over with my dogs and my cat... ....We drove from Texas to Alaska with two kids, two large dogs, and a cat!

JNLmomme09
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

no no no the turtles were in addition to the 4 kids, two dogs, and two birds.  We would go to fl every year for xmas and to visit my mothers family. We never had anyone to watch our dogs so they would come with us. Two huge dogs - a german shepard, and old english sheep dog.  The birds were those parakeet ones with the orange circles on their faces. 

We would drive down in a big hightop van. two kids int eh front  two kids in the back and the dogs would just hang on the floor.  The birds would be in the cage hanging out. One time my brother was like 5 years old and he let one out while we were crossing the george washington bridge. My mom was screaming her head off. Looking back we could have died.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure the ride home as a lot more quiet...and sane, lol

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN