Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh i feel like sh** right now :((

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 47 Replies
Dh, me and ds17 months went to pick up ds5 from school today.

Well after we picked ds up we were walking down the sidewalk and I was holding ds17 months hand, and he tripped.

I lost my grip on his hand and the back of his head hit the sidewalk. Dh was a few feet ahead and heard the thud.

Ds started screaming. There's no blood. No cut. Nothing.

He's ok now. Eating pizza I made for dinner.

But I feel like shit cuz I lost my grip on his hand!

:(

Dh keeps telling me he is fine. Obviously i know he is but ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on May. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I can understand. We've all done things like that, and yeah, we all feel terrible when it happens. I remember the first time my oldest son fell off his changing table, when he  was about 9 months old. I called my Grandma, screaming hysterically. She could hear the baby screaming in the background, and she said if he was screaming that loud, he was fine, and of course, he was. But I felt like a total failure as a mom. He's now 28, married, and has a family of his own, and never had any ill effects. Don't beat yourself up. The important thing is your little one is fine! Have a great weekend.

pochaccotx
by Lost on May. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Aww it will be ok accidents happen. I fell down stairs while holding my dd and rolled my ankle while carrying ds1.. ds2 is only 4 months old so there is still plenty of time for me to drop him to while hurting myself lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petie1104
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Just keep watching him and when he goes to sleep wake him a couple times. If he's hard to wake then take him to the doc. Does he have a bump?

Do t feel bad ds1 fell on ice when dh was holding his hand and broke his wrist plus for nursemaid's elbow. Poor thing was in a cast. Then when they went to take the cast off he was in the waiting room and climbed under a chair, dh told him to come out from there an when he lifted his head a piece of the frame sliced through his forehead an he got staples.

It happens. It sucks and we feel awful for a bit but it happens. I think we feel guilty longer than they even remember the incident.
Alyia72
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I am sure hes fine and it wasent your fault.. It could have been worse if he had fallen and you had ahold of his hand.. I never thoght I could hurt my daughter by holding her hand but when she was just over a year old we were walking to the car on the fourth of july.  Well some neighboors were setting off fireworks and it startled her and she tripped and fell and I had a hold of her hand.. Her shoulder got dislocated so to speak I forget what they called it I felt horrible It wasent my fault but I still felt bad that I hadnt carried her.. Luckily it only took a min for the ER doc to put it back in place and she didnt even cry..

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Oh dear- been there done that and will again! It's all good! It happens :-)
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I just hate when they get hurt. He's already been running a fever lately. Low grade!

Ugh

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I can understand. We've all done things like that, and yeah, we all feel terrible when it happens. I remember the first time my oldest son fell off his changing table, when he  was about 9 months old. I called my Grandma, screaming hysterically. She could hear the baby screaming in the background, and she said if he was screaming that loud, he was fine, and of course, he was. But I felt like a total failure as a mom. He's now 28, married, and has a family of his own, and never had any ill effects. Don't beat yourself up. The important thing is your little one is fine! Have a great weekend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angel_Red7
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM

This.

Quoting baquick:

Oh dear- been there done that and will again! It's all good! It happens :-)

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens to the best. Try not the beat yourself up:)

ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

it happens, not like you did it on purpose.   HUGS to you 

alisheamonet33
by Alishea on May. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

dont beat yourself up  it was a acccident and hes fine  your human and make mistakes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)