Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

beagle owners?! eta

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are they good pets? I've wanted a dog forever and I am going to look at beagle puppies tomorrow

Holy crap I got a lot of responses quick when I bumped that lol and thank you. The pups we are going to look at have been with young kids and 5 full grown dogs from day 0. They are already used to being on the leash. I hear dogs bark day and night aa both my neighbors dogs bark at every single thing. The running off part does concern me as we don't have a fenced in yard but I didn't intend to take him out without a leash as our leash laws are pretty strict.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-16):
Destiny907
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM

LOL never had one myself but a neighbor did.  CUTE and sweet dog, good with all the kids around..

But oh lordy did it BAY.  and BAY loud! they could not leave it outside alone.. bay bay bay! yikes.

Casperstalks
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM

You have to bathe beagles often. We had one when I was little, and my brother and I had to give her a bath every week because of the oil build-up on their skin makes them stink.

Honestly, I'd go to your local shelter, because mostly they can tell you what the dog's temprament is, and have put them through extensive tests to make sure they're family friendly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
He is adorable. These pups are mixed, mom is full blood beagle, but they don't know what dog got her preg.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Mobile Photo

We have a beagle/terrier mix. He's pretty awesome, we think, at least. ;-) His name is TJ. ♡
ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ours is a great dog but she is mischievous and barks at anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Their rep for being good family dogs is what attracted me to them. Dd has some social and language delays and she is an only child, plus I've wanted a dog forever and finally moved where we could have one last year. I just wanted to make sure dd would be mature enough to not accidentally hurt a puppy. She's great with our cats so I'm hopeful

Quoting ambermarie2006:

ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sure she will be fine. My youngest is pretty rough but our pup handled her well. We have had our pup since she was 9 weeks old and she never got hurt by any of the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Their rep for being good family dogs is what attracted me to them. Dd has some social and language delays and she is an only child, plus I've wanted a dog forever and finally moved where we could have one last year. I just wanted to make sure dd would be mature enough to not accidentally hurt a puppy. She's great with our cats so I'm hopeful

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)