Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of this? Distressed Marine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
No. This is not okay. This is in direct violation of MCO P1020.34G. Good on this young Corporal of Marines for covering the Eagle Globe and Anchor on his belt to show distress to his fellow Marines.

My friend posted this on facebook.

Pic to follow
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Mobile Photo

This was the pic that went with it.
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM

oh my. a bit dramatic..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Bump
HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know a lot about marine regulations so I don't have anything to recite or quote for reasoning on my opinion but I find it sad that a marine is the only person that could hold the umbrellas. I'm petty sure they pay people to do a lot less, like make coffee and run errands. He's a United States service man and should be shown more respect than that in my opinion. He serves his country but hey, when your commander and chief asks you to protect him from he rain its not like you can say no right?
PTBAAMom
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I dont understand??????/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I think it is ridicoulus. So the Commander and Chief asked him to cover with an umbrella hiim and his guest. Good grief, it is an umbrella.  I think the rule is utterly ridicoulus and people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Good grief.The commander and chief is the top ranking military official. His orders stand. It isn't beneath a marine to hold an umbrella that is insane.  

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

distressed? I wouldnt say distressed, disrespected sure. I find it disrespectfull by all means that a marine is  having to hold an unbrella. Sorry but I feel it should be the other way around, most due to repsect.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

This was the pic that went with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Quoting HaleyCovington:

I don't know a lot about marine regulations so I don't have anything to recite or quote for reasoning on my opinion but I find it sad that a marine is the only person that could hold the umbrellas. I'm petty sure they pay people to do a lot less, like make coffee and run errands. He's a United States service man and should be shown more respect than that in my opinion. He serves his country but hey, when your commander and chief asks you to protect him from he rain its not like you can say no right?

My friend is a marine and he posted this. This really made him mad and he said the same thing, that there are plenty of other people that could have held the umbrella for him, or well he could of held it for himself.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM

First time seeing this... im curious. My brother is a marine, now I want to ask him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That's bullshit.  He's a United States Marine.  I'm a liberal, voted once for Obama, but that is BULLSHIT.  Get wet, motherfucker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)