Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I am jealous :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My two best friends who I usually hung out with separately (for no real reason) have recently become BFFs apparently. My car broke down and so for a month I haven't been able to really "run around" so MAYBE that is why. They also both have girls the same age. My son is the same age also though. I am beginning to think the real reason is they both get tons of free babysitting from their moms. They can work, hang out, shop, whatever...anytime they want without having to worry about their kids. Before when we hung out we just always loaded up all the kids and did our thing. Maybe my kids and I have been holding them back. I see in Facebook like every other day pictures of them doing stuff together, doing "makeovers" etc. it really hurts my feelings because they don't invite me anymore. For a while I had to decline invites due to not having a car but they know I have one now and I have brought up hanging out and they are always oh ya ya ya and I say let me know next time y'all have something planned because I am usually open...and they say they will. Then I see on FB they went to Applebee's kareoke night and did I get an invite? No. I am just down in the dumps and having a pity party. I feel like I have to make new fiends or something.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LuLuThatsWho
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I gave up about 95% of my social life when I married and had children.  This sounds about normal to me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I did too.

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

I gave up about 95% of my social life when I married and had children.  This sounds about normal to me.

Kage336
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I understand completely. My two best friends never really spoke, and didn't even seem to like each other. I moved 40 minutes away from them for about 7 months, still saw then as often as I could, and now we are moving back and they're besties and I'm the third wheel. I'm hurt. Not their fault, but...yeah, I'm jealous.
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I'm sorry :(

I know how you feel...kinda. My best friend (my ONLY real friend) is a social butterfly and I'm very shy and introverted. About 6 months ago she started hanging out a LOT with another girl who is also very outgoing. Suddenly, they are best friends and I've been forgotten. Bad thing is her new friend hates me, so there is no possibility of the 3 of us hanging out together. I'm a little jealous, but more just sad and lonely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Bump
KimK2007
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Don't wait for them to invite you out with them, you invite them out with you.

dianaNbryanMami
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)