Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breast feeding your 10 yo

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 89 Replies

So I know a lot of mom's like to bf until their kids are off to college lol. My sister BF until her son was 5 and people made a big stick over it I did not see a problem with. I bf my son until he was almost 2 but I wanted my body back. So I just wanted to know at what age did you stop BF your child and was there a reason.

by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Stopped nursing DD at 26 months.
My minimum goal was 2 years for religious reasons. She still wanted to nurse 2 months past 2 years. One day she just didn't ask to nurse before bed and that was the end of it!

DS is 4 months and still nursing, I will nurse him for 2 years and after that its up to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberlyp
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM
My daughter just weaned a week or two ago and she is 10 months. She weaned because I'm 7 months pregnant and she didn't like the taste or the fact that there's barely anything in there.
robibuni
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM

My youngest is 14 months and we're still breastfeeding. I'll let her stop when she's ready.

I formula fed my oldest so 14 months is my longest, so far!

IFartGlitter
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

My son turned 2 on May 2nd and is showing no sign whatsoever of weaning. He still nurses very, very frequently (every 2 hours or so, day and night). I'd like my breasts back. Sometimes I'm ready for him to wean. But then I'm not, because he's not. He can nurse as long as he likes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I couldn't bf I was on too many pain killers after I had my son.
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
DD weaned at 22 months, she just stopped nursing..
DS turns 2 next month and is still nursing.. Not sure when he will stop but I have been ready to be done for a while.
Denecia
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
I nursed full time for 3 months. Then I got thrush and lost a lot of mt supply. I can't seem to build it up now and niw I only nurse at nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Taylor is 19 months and still nursing.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
First son was 15mo...secnd was 27mo...third baby im hoping around two. Not much more. Im very pro breastfeeding but once they r a "big kid" it kind of makes me cringe :/
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I stopped much, much sooner than you or your sister.

My 1st two I was unable to keep up my supply after I went to work, even with a pump.

My 3rd had a milk allergy.

I would have loved to breast feed until near 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)