Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMFG, 11week old baby killed! **update1 911 call** 2** 3**

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:17 AM
  • 44 Replies

5/21 So far the news has said his bond has been set.  $1 million dollars.  The court entered a plea of not guilty and his public defender isnt saying anything.

Denzel Castile

I just dont know what is going on here!

http://www.13abc.com/story/22284423/11-week-old-baby-stabbed-to-death-in-sandusky

An 11-week-old baby was stabbed to death in Sandusky Thursday night.

Police say the suspect is the newborn's 19-year-old cousin.

The community is in shock. Residents say they're sick to their stomachs that an 11-week old baby girl was stabbed to death with a steak knife.

It happened at her great-grandparents' house.

They were baby-sitting her.

Police say a woman in the house called 9-1-1 Thursday night saying they need police, but then she hung up.

When the dispatcher called her back, he captured the sounds of chaos.

Dispatcher: "What seems to be the problem over there at 507 Dewey?"

Caller: "Oh no, we're fine. We're fine now. I'm sorry."

But everything wasn't fine.

Dispatcher: "Ma'am, there's no weapons, no threat at the residence?"

"(Inaudible) (Screaming)"

"It was about midnight and I heard a bunch of sirens and flashers going on and I come out," says Toni Taylor who lives next door. "There was a girl that was laying up against a tree there screaming, 'He stabbed the baby.'"

Athena Castile was 11 weeks old. She was stabbed once in the head and in the abdomen.

Police say her cousin 19-year-old Denzel Castile was the attacker.

Denzel Castile lives in the house on Dewey with his grandparents.

Police arrived inside as a woman and Denzel Castile were fighting over the baby.

"Denzel was able to grab the child and start going down a hallway," says Sandusky Police Chief John Orzech. "Our officers saw he had a knife and started to stab the child. A family member was able to get the knife away from him. Our officers had to taser him and use pepper spray to get him into custody."

Police took Athena to Firelands Regional Medical Center, but her wounds were too severe. The 11 week old died at the hospital.

"This kid [Denzel] is so quiet and everything that I didn't believe it either," says Taylor.

Taylor has lived in her home for nearly 40 years.

She says the Castile's moved in next-door last fall.

"I feel sorry for the grandparents because that was her great-grand baby and she was really upset about it," says Castile.

"Our officers know some of the family members and it's kind of a smaller community so it's going to affect a lot of different people within the community in trying to get answers and try to figure out the reasons why this happened," says Orzech.

The suspect is in the Erie County Jail. Castile is due in court on Monday for arraignment. He is facing one count of aggravated murder. The Sandusky Police Chief says Castile could face the death penalty if convicted.

I cant say its an update but other details from local news...

They have clarified the mother was not there when this happened.  He was supposed to be arraigned in court yesterday but he is on suicide watch and too violent to be in a court room.  His new court date is Monday. He will not talk to the police.  My heart is in my stomach.  The youtube clip is beyond words.  I am warning even though there isnt anything IN it you know exactly whats happening.

Tears are just rolling down my face :(

http://m.toledoblade.com/frontpage/2013/05/17/Baby-stabbed-in-Sandusky-19-year-old-man-arrested-in-case.html

I'm mobile so its the best I can do. Link has a pic of the monster and character descriptions him him and a better view of what was going on

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Why did he do it? 

kimmykat222
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM
So sad
Icial
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Wow...:(

horseap
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Quoting hyper_bunny:

Why did he do it? 

I havent seen an update from the site as to why.  A friend shared it and it came across my newsfeed on FB.  With the sick bastard who kidnapped those girls and now this!  Its just sick.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
HisUsmcWifey
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:23 AM

how disgusting! Poor baby.. :(

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 18, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope he meets a slow and painful death in prison.

May he rot in hell.

That poor sweet baby girl :-(
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting horseap:

Quoting hyper_bunny:

Why did he do it? 

I havent seen an update from the site as to why.  A friend shared it and it came across my newsfeed on FB.  With the sick bastard who kidnapped those girls and now this!  Its just sick.

It really is. I will definitely pray for this family. It is so very sad. That poor little baby. That poor grandma and her poor parents. :( 

SageAdvice
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:25 AM

UGH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 18, 2013 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

this is so sad and disgusting but at the same time...... im not surprised with the way the world is.  im sad that i am so desensitized to this crap

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:38 AM
This is so sad. If there are any updates, even something small please update us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)