Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ohhh **** I lost DS's teddy bear! *Happy update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

Tatum has a teddy bear that he got when he was 5 months old. (Hes 3 now)  His dad is in the military and so he got it for him before he left. Tatum's a major daddies boy and the bear helps him soo much. His dad got deployed just recently so hes been super attached to his bear and we went to the park. Of course, Bear goes with. 

Tatum and his sister were fighting and so we left the park and Bear is gone. I asked Tatum where he put Bear and he said Bear is sleeping in the car...Searched every inch of the car and there is no bear. Drove back to the park and hes gone. I asked the lady that was there when we left and she said she hadn't saw the bear but some older teenage kids came and they might have grabbed the bear...I checked trash cans, peaked in car windows...No were to be seen. So far, Tate's happy thinking that bear is just sleeping in the car (i didn't tell him why we went back to the park) but naptime is at 1 and i know naptime and bedtime is going to be HORRIBLE.

I can't even replace the bear. Hes in desperite need of surgery, half of his eye is peeled off, he has toenails drew on his feet..I don't even remember exactly what else...He has red kool aid stains on his face...

I don't know what to do :\ He won't go to sleep without Bear. We tried that one time because Bear got forgotten at grandmas and he stayed up til 2 in the morning screaming until he made himself sick.

ANY ideas at all on how to find the bear? Or how to comfort DS when he realizes his bear is probably gone forever? 

I was getting ready to put DS down for a nap and he was getting all upset because i didn't have his Bear...(He has to have his camo blanket and his bear for naptime) and i told him bear was sleeping in the car...so he jumps up "Oh ya mama! Bear woke up!" and runs out to his TOY cozy coupe car and grabs his bear!

Soo glad he found his bear

I'm still planning on going to Build A Bear and making a camo bear just incase he does really loose his bear...that was a great idea :) 

Yayyy for teddy bear

Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

i'm sorry but tatum is a terrible name :(

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Ummm.. that is tough. I would take him to the store to pick out a new one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Do you know attachment issues like ur son has with a teddy bear can cause autism? this is why i refuse to let my kids have luvies like this. i would just tell him that the bear is gone and isnt coming back and let him cry it out at bedtime like u do when they are babies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him the truth and take him to the store to pick out a new one. 

Or tell him the story of the velveteen rabbit and say his bear became a real bear....????

lonelygirl_72
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM
7 moms liked this

I have never in my life seen anything that says an attachment to a stuffed animal can cause Autism.Some people need to research before they open their mouths.SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Isn't it?!! I kept reading Tantrum. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Shoo, fly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
8 moms liked this
You're fucking stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know attachment issues like ur son has with a teddy bear can cause autism? this is why i refuse to let my kids have luvies like this. i would just tell him that the bear is gone and isnt coming back and let him cry it out at bedtime like u do when they are babies

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I lost my dd's favorite blanket when she was two. i just never brought it up again and she forgot about it in a matter of days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN