Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's HIS money!!!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 30 Replies

I hear a lot of women complain about the money their husband makes (if they are a sahm) being referred to as "his" money.

I've told my husband that I don't care if he wants to call it his mom's money as long as I get my needs and a few wants, lol

by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This is pretty much how I feel. My sister is appalled because I pretty much "let" dh buy whatever he wants (within reason of course).

He makes sure his family has everything they need and some of the things we just want, why shouldn't he be able to spend some of whats left over on what he wants? He did EARN it after all.

I just budget around it if its a large purchase.

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I agree. Although my dh hardly ever wants anything

Quoting rphardwick:

This is pretty much how I feel. My sister is appalled because I pretty much "let" dh buy whatever he wants (within reason of course).

He makes sure his family has everything they need and some of the things we just want, why shouldn't he be able to spend some of whats left over on what he wants? He did EARN it after all.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I don't care what we call it, as long as we take care of everything we need to. We do discuss large purchases though and we both have veto power.
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

DH makes all the money and still asks if it's okay if he can buy a 20 dollar video game *sigh* 

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My dh refused to buy a $10 bird feeder because I was talking about getting my eyebrows waxed, lol

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

DH makes all the money and still asks if it's okay if he can buy a 20 dollar video game *sigh* 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I have worked for 6yrs. And my husband was injured (honestly disabled) during that time. Even when I was the only one with an income I'd call it his money. Now he's workig and I will quit soon. I have no problem paying the bulks with his money, buying groceries with his money, or buying myself something with his money. He works for it. He brigs I home. But he has told me to handle the finances so I'm in charge of all his money. And I am perfectly fine with that. Yes I earn my share. But I'm not wrapped up in his/hers type of things. So for me this is not an issue.
rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My only annoyance is when he doesn't tell me so I can budget around it. This happens often too *sigh*

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

I agree. Although my dh hardly ever wants anything

Quoting rphardwick:

supermama322
by Kaylee on May. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

He insists on calling it our money. *shrug*

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Yeah we have no issues when it comes to money because we don't buy anything out rageous. and he hates buying himself things.

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

My dh refused to buy a $10 bird feeder because I was talking about getting my eyebrows waxed, lol

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

ksueditz
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM

oh, dear Lord. my dh's money is our money, and *I* tell him how much he can spend. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN