Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you won the lottery tonight...

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

What would you do with all that money? 

My List:

Pay off all of our debts (mortgage, student loans, car loans, credit cards etc.)

Pay off all of our parents debts.

Buy small homes for a few of our less fortunate friends and family.

Pay off our siblings debts.

Invest into accounts for our children (college, future homes, weddings etc.)

Buy a small vacation property.

Get a better car.

Start doing charity work of some kind. I'm thinking some kind of animal rescue.

Travel.

DH and I decided we would live comfortably, but not super extravagantly. We don't need a private jet, multiple homes, mansions, hired help etc. We would just love to be secure and to know that our children and our families were secure.

by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Buy all the things! Lol.
inspain
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

1. No one would ever know.

2. We'd get a house somewhat larger than the one we live in now, in a neighborhood close to my extended family. 

3. I'd buy two more vintage SUVs, Toyota Land Cruisers from the 80s, like my little gem and ship them al back to the US to refurbish.

4. We'd donate to programs to spay and neuter pets both in the US and here in CR.

5. We'd take off for a couple of months of visiting friends and family in Europe, before coming back ti the US.

6. We'd travel often.

7. Did I mention making certain no one wood ever know?

Teacher101
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I think it would be hard to keep it a secret. I think it is usually on the news.

I have thought about that too. I would want to keep it discreet because I know A LOT of people would come around because they wanted something. 

Quoting inspain:

2. We'd get a house somewhat larger than the one we live in now, in a neighborhood close to my extended family. 

3. I'd buy two more vintage SUVs, Toyota Land Cruisers from the 80s, like my little gem and ship them al back to the US to refurbish.

4. We'd donate to programs to spay and neuter pets both in the US and here in CR.

5. We'd take off for a couple of months of visiting friends and family in Europe, before coming back ti the US.

6. We'd travel often.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Buy my mommy a house, pay off our debt, buy a house in my sons school district. Buy a vacation home in the city my mom and family lives in and then visit and take my husband to meet my dad there.

momof2girls89
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

1, Have a house built .

2. Pay off all my mom and dad's debt. 

3. Buying my mom and dad new houses. 

4. Take the kids on a super awesome long vacation to Disney World. 

5. Go on a grown up vacation with the BF.

Fightclmembr
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM
We'd buy land, build a house, give money to family and a few friends, buy new vehicles...uh....start accounts for each of the kids....go to DISNEYWORLD!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM

You can actually remain anonymous in some states. You have a lawyer accept the win on behalf of an trust.

Quoting Teacher101:

I think it would be hard to keep it a secret. I think it is usually on the news.

I have thought about that too. I would want to keep it discreet because I know A LOT of people would come around because they wanted something. 

Quoting inspain:

6. We'd travel often.

Photobucket

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1-Buy a new car.
2- But my brother a house and give him at least 5 mil.
3-Get the best medical help for my grandparents and fix there house up. Buy whatever they needed.
4-Give some to my cousin,Aunts,in laws,Sil and a few friends
Fightclmembr
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Oh and we'd definitely donate to certain public services here where we live, and the three main animal shelters that are no-kill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Not tell a soul. And just have some money turn up in my parents account. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN