Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tornado watch until 3 am Update Kansas and Okie mama's come in here!

Posted by   + Show Post

We are at Fort RIley, Ks. Hopefully we do not get anything. ):

We lost power at 1030 last night and it was not turned back on until 4 this morning.  Needless to say I did not sleep very well. ):  (I need myfan lol)

Today is supposed to be much much worse.  Starting around 3 pm. So please stay safe if you are in the path of these storms!

by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Replies (61-64):
Sparkly3
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

last time was a post wide poer outage, because of an accident. Best to get a few good lights and a camping lantern. McClellan doesn't have as many outages as Forsyth, but best be prepared....lol. I am already thinking of what I can make tonight with no power. Fort Riley is good to families, that's the good part about being here. The weather on the other hand is screwy at best.

Quoting vetNmommy:

lol, we have been here for two months.  We live in McClellan Loop.  I was surprised out power went out.  Everyone has said that our power NEVER goes out. Been in this house two months and it has gone out two times. lol.  We do like it here though. 

Quoting Sparkly3:

We're in Fort Riley as well, my husband went chasing some trashcans that flew in the road at about 11 las night. He was getting ready for a tornado while I fell asleep on the couch, so much closer to the bathroom/tornado shelter. We'll definitly stay at home today.  I woke up at 3.45 when all the lights turned on. Gotta love Riley storms, power goes out everytime.....lol.

Quoting vetNmommy:

We lost power at 1030 last night and it was not turned back on until 4 this morning.  Needless to say I did not sleep very well. ):  (I need myfan lol)

Today is supposed to be much much worse.  Starting around 3 pm. So please stay safe if you are in the path of these storms!

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Oh yes, it seems very family oriented here!  I had to go to the ER on Friday (its a killer trying to get an appt) They did not give hubby any issues.  (he took me in and stayed home with the kids) (I was passing kidney stones) I am trying to decide if that carnival will be worth it next weekend.  I think I am going to make pasta salad today and then just have sandwhiches with it.

Quoting Sparkly3:

last time was a post wide poer outage, because of an accident. Best to get a few good lights and a camping lantern. McClellan doesn't have as many outages as Forsyth, but best be prepared....lol. I am already thinking of what I can make tonight with no power. Fort Riley is good to families, that's the good part about being here. The weather on the other hand is screwy at best.

Quoting vetNmommy:

lol, we have been here for two months.  We live in McClellan Loop.  I was surprised out power went out.  Everyone has said that our power NEVER goes out. Been in this house two months and it has gone out two times. lol.  We do like it here though. 

Quoting Sparkly3:

We're in Fort Riley as well, my husband went chasing some trashcans that flew in the road at about 11 las night. He was getting ready for a tornado while I fell asleep on the couch, so much closer to the bathroom/tornado shelter. We'll definitly stay at home today.  I woke up at 3.45 when all the lights turned on. Gotta love Riley storms, power goes out everytime.....lol.

Quoting vetNmommy:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're in Ok, or even the surrounding States, I suggest friending Aaron Tuttle on fb. He's awesome. We had hail, strong winds, and apparently some downed power lines, but we are all Ok. We are in OKC.
Sparkly3
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

The one next weekend is cheaper then the one coming later in the year, but not as good. It's a Carousel, 2 faster rides and 2 food stands I believe. On saturday from 2-5 is supposed to have a petting zoo. So we will go then. Appledays and Octoberfest are better, but we live right across from the px parking lot so we'll have to go if the kids are good this week....lol.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Oh yes, it seems very family oriented here!  I had to go to the ER on Friday (its a killer trying to get an appt) They did not give hubby any issues.  (he took me in and stayed home with the kids) (I was passing kidney stones) I am trying to decide if that carnival will be worth it next weekend.  I think I am going to make pasta salad today and then just have sandwhiches with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN