Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 248 Replies
7 moms liked this
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Penis

Vulva

=)

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.
mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Penis Vagina.
asaffell
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM

My kids know things as penis and vulva.

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I have taught my daughter the correct terms. I did so because god forbid if someone touched her I don't want there to be any confusion about what happened when she is telling me or any other adult.
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this

DS is almost 6 and knows the right names for his parts. He just doesn't usually use them. We have always used the term "doodle". It was so funny in the store one time. He got a free cookie from the bakery and it was a snickerdoodle. He goes "Snicker doodle, like this doodle" and pointed at his crotch. LOL.

mamaanl
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this

I taught my son to say wee-wee...One day we were in public and I told him we needed to get to a bathroom because I had to use the restroom.  So he yells out, "just hold your wee-wee mama don't go on yourself." Lol. He was only 3 and half when he said it...It was embarassing but it sounded a lot cuter than if he had said "hold your penis mama"....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM

My DD's know the proper names, but they still call theirs a Tootie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)