Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
rennez
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
We say penis and vagina. I realize vagima isn't anatomically accurate but as they get older ill educate the. We say "privates" or "bottom" typically
tardistraveller
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I just taught my son from day one the right names and it was never a thing.

He didn't go around saying "foot!" "Nose!" or "Fingers!" either.

chickieboom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
That was my thinking too. Worse case scenario I would want him to be able to use the correct term to tell someone what happened.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

I have taught my daughter the correct terms. I did so because god forbid if someone touched her I don't want there to be any confusion about what happened when she is telling me or any other adult.

chickieboom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Man I hope so because my poor 84-year-old grandpa may have a heart attack lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM
3 moms liked this

lol for about a month my daughter went around telling everyone who in the room had a penis and who had a vagina... she told her grandpa "You probably have a penis too acuz you used to be a boy a long time ago" hahaha He said, "I'm still a boy, just a really old one" lol.

Quoting chickieboom:

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

Haha yes I did, and my children did the same... the novelty will wear off, no worries.

nursiepooLPN
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Proper names of course. A rose by any other name is still a rose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Penis and vagina. Fuck all you "vulva" pricks.
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Lol! Gives new meaning to a fluffer-nutter sandwich!

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

chickieboom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
He did walk in on me in the bathroom recently and told me I'm not a boy because mine fell off. I have no idea where he got that from but all I could say was "oh yeah?" Lol

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

lol for about a month my daughter went around telling everyone who in the room had a penis and who had a vagina... she told her grandpa "You probably have a penis too acuz you used to be a boy a long time ago" hahaha He said, "I'm still a boy, just a really old one" lol.

Quoting chickieboom:

Quoting FreelanceMommy:

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
My son has always known he has a penis.but thanks to my mom he calls it his weewee sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)