Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proper names for "private parts"?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you teach your children the proper names for their's? I've been talking to DS (3) about the other name for his "peepee". He's now in the bath yelling "penis...PENIS...PEENIS...PEEENNNIISSS!" I think this may have backfired a little lol
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (221-230):
aponder
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM

yes I did, my daughter calls vagina her "china"  I think it's good for them to know the names, but mine know it and still use the cutesy names. 

averysmommom
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM

When he was little I'm sure we used different names I just couldn't stand to hear penis come out of his little mouth. No he is 9 and talks about balls and buttholes 24-7. Ugh it sucks

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Yes but they were younger 2 was about the time they learned it. That said some children have trouble learning the proper words and go into saying it often. My friend's ds told everyone that he had a penis LOL everyone! She told him at 4. Another friend's dd was told at 2 like mine were and her daughter told everyone not to touch her vagina it's wrong LOL I'm so glad my children didn't do that I would have died of mortification

V.Dubbya
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Yup. From day one they both knew they have a vagina. Didn't go into what boys have just because we have girls and they've never asked. But if they did, it'd be a penis...
ferne3
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM

DH's family does this, perhaps you dated one of them?  Or him?  I dunno, makes it a little less offesnive to me, because in my house it happens all the time....

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Hahaha I dated a guy who wasnt allowed to say fart, they called it fluffing. like WTF? O.o

Quoting Jennyanne322:

We use penis and vagina. I had a friend in college that called her vagina a tutu. I was not allowing that to happen.

Foleygirl24
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM

DS knows that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. We didn't really get more specific than that. We started out calling it his pee pee, but it was confusing him during potty training because it was too similar to pee. Don't worry, the novelty will wear off in a few days! DS never did that with penis, but thought vagina was the mos hilarious word in the english language!

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on May. 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM

privates.

butterbean491
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

FUNNY STORY....I worked at a daycare for a few years back in my younger , more patient days. I had a little 5 year old that hurt himself while playing in the swings. He started yelling "oh my nuts....oh my nuts". Well I asked if he was ok and told him next time if he hurts himself that he should just take a little break till he feels better. I could tell that he thought he was in trouble, so I tried my best to explain that is our private area and we don't need to yell out about hurting ourself there. After a few minutes, he gathered himself and as on his way back to the swings. He looked at me and asked " Is it ok if I say scrotum". OMG... Thought I was gonna die. I let his mom in on what had happened and explained that I didn't want him to think he was in trouble. She just laughed and said that they have always taught their kids the proper names of their anatomy. I think she must have had a little talk with him cause he came to sit by me one day while playing. I asked if he was ok and he said yes but was holding himself. Poor little guy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on May. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

i taught my son wee-wee

squirrelml
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM

yep its a new word and they'll blurt it out at any given time.But after awhile the new word will be old and something new will take its place. We've all been there-at one time or another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)